IGNORED

Advice needed for selling cheap repro

toiletunes

I'm thinning my collection, and I want to get rid of a certain cheap repro that was given to me a few years ago. It was originally made by a certain dubious individual. I've seen copies of this game go for $70 or more at auction, even when the seller makes it clear that it is a repro with no collector value. I don't want to toss it in the trash, but I wouldn't feel right watching the bids go up- how do I get rid of this thing for a 'fair' price? and what would a 'fair' price be? Note: the original label was of such a poor quality that I made my own, making sure to keep the ugly head intact...

Yeah, as long as you're honest about the history of the cart, I think keeping whatever profits you could get would be fine. Let's face it, we all need a few extra bucks these days.

The history of the cart maker, however, I think could be left out of the auction description.

You could always sell it as a BUY IT NOW for that FAIR PRICE you were talking about, that way would not have to see the bids go up to that 'uncomfortable level'.

HOWEVER, if you give FULL DISCLOSURE that it's a REPRODUCTION, and the people know what they are bidding on, I see no problem. No one will willingly pay more for something than its personally worth to them.

Thank you for all of the input. I have decided to give the game away. The recipient has promised to give it away to someone else when the time comes. Feel free to continue the discussion. Hopefully, this thread will help other people make similar decisions someday.

• Like 1