IGNORED

Sega Genesis 1 Power Light And Connecting Wire Replacement?

thegamezmaster

I have a few Sega Genesis model 1 systems that the power on light is burnt out. Does anyone know what I need to get to replace them? Meaning what kind and what the ratings are on them? Tried searching but no luck. Also need the wire that connects to the light and circuit board. Can anyone please help me with these problems as where to get or have any? Thanks!

Edited by thegamezmaster

LED's don't usually burn out unless you supply way too much power, so you may have bigger issues than a bad light. If I remember correctly, most LED's require about 1.5 volts, and they are pretty standard. You could replace it with just about any color LED you want. Radio Shack will have everything you need, just solder a wire to each of the leads and hook it to the board. Pay attention to the orientation of the old LED, since they only work one way.

forward voltage does differ with color and a few other factors, but regardless its getting 5 volts... It is possible for a led to burn out naturally from use, but your talking millions of hours so yes it does raise a flag

Edited by Osgeld