IGNORED

Bitmaps for all of the MunchMan Hoonoos?

S1500

I just view the cartridge binary in a hex editor and look for at least one of the patterns... that should get you to a pattern table in the cartridge, then you just copy forwards and backwards until you get gibberish patterns and you should have them all.

Finding sound tables was a little trickier; the best way to do that is to look for pairs of low-value bytes (0,1) since that is the pattern the sound takes. I was able to get the sounds out as well that way.

Adamantyr

I remember we gave them names:

Swastikas

Hoppers

Stamps

Car doors

Yum-Yums

Things with the weird propulsion

Dust clouds

Hawks

Propellers

Twisters

Twin fans

Death spades

Springs

Elephants

Brushes

Toppers

Forks

Death spindles

Whatevers

Morning stars

I think it is pretty long ago since I got past the toppers

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 1

Never named Level 1. Level 2 was the "Space Ships". I always called level 3 the "Pound Sign". I always loved level 4, called those the "mailboxes". Super duper speed, felt pretty darn awesome on that level.

Always called level 5 the "Pirates" and level 6 the "Rain Showers". 7, don't remember naming, and 8 were the "Bats". Level 9 were the "spinning lines" and they almost always killed me on that level. Level 10 were the hurricanes (what do you expect; I lived in Texas and Louisiana). Level 11 were the "X's", Level 12 were the "walking playing cards".

Never really named anything level 13 and above. I did finish level 20 once (the invisible level). By the time I got to that level, my hands were so sore from those TI joysticks that I was glad to put them down.

• Like 1

By the time I got to that level, my hands were so sore from those TI joysticks that I was glad to put them down.

Bunch of babies, I swear! "Oh, the TI joysticks are terrible! They hurt my hands! That's why I can't play better!" Sound like the punks I used to thrash at Mortal Kombat complaining about how the buttons stuck or whatever. heheheheh

ANYWAY. Give me a tonight and I will have GIFs of all the Hoonos.

• Like 1

Okay, I ran out of time and will finish up tomorrow, but got up to level 14. I have attached 16x16 GIFs in a ZIP here (I use them for favicons) and 200x200 in the gallery I linked above (avatars.) I have to clean up the original XCF (GIMP) files and I will make those available, too.

Enjoy.

All done with the 16x16s! (Different colors, just for fun.)

MunchMan GIFs.zip

• Like 1