IGNORED

Looking for a Skunkboard Rev 3

Songbird

Someone please sell him a skunkboard, I think people need to re-read this and recognize what Carl is actually saying.

He's not so much saying "I would like to purchase a skunkboard" as he is saying... "I am working on a new Atari Jaguar game that I will be announcing soon."

Looking to pick up a Skunkboard so I can do some Jag dev without firing up my Win ME PC / Alpine combo. :) Willing to trade Songbird games or pay cash. Let me know if you have one available, thanks!

Carl, why in the world don't you already have a Skunkboard? If there is one member in the Jag community that needs a Skunkboard, it is definitely you! :)

There was a long period where I didn't visit AA much due to other priorities in life, and I completely missed the Skunkboard Rev 1 and 2. Saw Rev 3 at Midwest Gaming Classic a couple years ago and didn't realize how much nicer it would be compared to my old dev tools, so I passed. It's my own fault, I know. :)

Carl, while the skunkboard is totally indispensable for development, have you tried Virtual Jaguar recently? I do most (probably 95%) of my development in VJ, and only use the skunkboard to test on actual hardware.

The latest builds can be found here: http://outrage.the-crow.co.uk/builds/

Run it with the --alpine option and you can pre-load ROMs & COFs, as well as debug the 68000, DSP, GPU and see the Object List and lots of other nice things.

PM me if you need help to set it up.

• Like 2

CyranoJ, thanks for the tip on the emulators. I have never tried development with the Jag emu, even though I always use the Handy emu for Lynx development. I am hitting a memory corruption issue right now, and it would be good to debug this live instead of blind like I'm doing currently. (I could fire up the Alpine board and debugger, but I'm lazy. :) ) I'll check it out.