IGNORED

Post your Mario Kart 8 videos here...

MKTV is perhaps one of the most awesome features in the game. Basically you can share and upload highlight reels of your Mario Kart escapades from within the game. Highlight reels can even be uploaded directly to youtube. Free publicity for Nintendo, yay!! :D

Here's my two entries:

Mii Burning rubber in Mario Kart Staduim (Time Trials):

Unstoppable Rosalina (WiFi global match):

Feel free to post any gameplay videos of you or someone else...

Edited by stardust4ever

• 2 weeks later...

Just another one with me and the wife playing two player while I work on getting the stamps.

Nintendo really needed to put an option where you could view which stamps you already have in the game somewhere.

I'm Metal Mario right now and she is playing as lemmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwJxsGpBChM

You can view the available character stamps by clicking the plus sign to post to Miiverse. Characters have to win gold on any cup in any class to get their stamp. I plan on running the gamut on 50cc (I've already triple starred everything) with all remaining characters to get all the character stamps, but I'm working on getting gold in every cup in 150cc to unlock mirror mode. I've got two silver trophies currently that need to be eliminated.

For couse stamps, you need to beat the staff ghost. You can download the WR ghost for ideas on shortcuts and cart combos. You'll want a heavyweight with the Slick or Cyber Slick and the Mach 8, Circuit Special, or Sports Coupe. Use the Standard or the Wario sail. Hit plus to view the stats and you should get a combo with 5.75 stats on speed. Get the rocket start, use your mushrooms to cut corners, and powerslide around every turn. Most of the staff ghosts used inferior kart combos, tend to ride in the middle of the track, and often do some unnecesary showboating, so if you hug the corners and get the mini turbos, it shouldn't be too difficult to beat most staff ghosts.

Edited by stardust4ever

"You can view the available character stamps by clicking the plus sign to post to Miiverse."

I don't understand. When I click on that it brings up the post text window and I have to type something. But no indication of which stamps I have. There is a stat at the bottom xx/yy which shows how many, but that is it.

Edited by Shannon

"You can view the available character stamps by clicking the plus sign to post to Miiverse."

I don't understand. When I click on that it brings up the post text window and I have to type something. But no indication of which stamps I have. There is a stat at the bottom xx/yy which shows how many, but that is it.

There is an option to use stamps when you get to the text screen. I dont remember what button it is but its below the text window.

You can view the available character stamps by clicking the plus sign to post to Miiverse. Characters have to win gold on any cup in any class to get their stamp. I plan on running the gamut on 50cc (I've already triple starred everything) with all remaining characters to get all the character stamps, but I'm working on getting gold in every cup in 150cc to unlock mirror mode. I've got two silver trophies currently that need to be eliminated.

Well done. I've only got gold in one cup in 150cc so far.

I want to unlock the Gold Kart but that might take me a long time.

^^There is a button to do a handwritten note. From there, click the stamp button, and make a mental note of which characters you need to unlock.

I would recommend going after the character stamps after beating all the cups and unlocking mirror. I've got two silvers left to knock out on 150cc, and two of those gold have no star beside it.

Stars are determined by the number of points at the end of the cup. Four 1st place finishes are worth 60pts (triple star), three 1st and a 2nd or 3rd (55-57pts) I believe will net you a double star, two 1st and two 2nd or two 1st and a 2nd and a 3rd (52-54pts) get you one star. I'm not really sure where the cutoff is, but if you get a low rank in one of the races, you can still often finish with enough points to get gold, but you won't get a star, which is necessary in all classes and cups including mirror, to earn the coveted golden kart.

One thing I appreciate about MK8, it's one of the most balanced Mario Karts yet. Rubber banding is toned down compared to previous releases [cough] *MK Wii* [cough] allowing a skilled player to gain enough of a lead to recover from Blue Spinies or other items, and as well the AI does not "cheat" to determine ranks or unfairly target the human player. All the CPU appear to be fighting for the top the entire race, albeit some slightly more aggressive than others, so it's often not the case that a particular stubborn CPU character always place 1st or 2nd like in previous outings. This is good because failure to rank well in a race or two does not automatically disqualify you from a gold trophy.

My only gripe about MK8, albeit a minor one, is the game does not allow you to view your detailed stats like MK Wii and MK7. You can't view your VR rating accept online, nor does it tell you how many coins you've earned, except when you unlock parts. I hope Nintendo releases an update to allow viewing of detailed stats just for personal reference and bragging rights. I have a feeling the game tracks a lot more stats but just doesn't display it.

I haven't unlocked Mirror Mode yet but am close. If it's like previous Mario Karts, the CPU opponents will be hyper aggressive. Nentindo claims that Mirror Mode is 150cc engine class, but I swear it feels like 200.

ok thanks guys. I'll look again.

I have scored 1st in three races and got 4th and still managed to get gold.
I already opened the reverse courses. I'm currently working on getting the stamps and then the gold kart. Which is gonna be tough (50% of 100 races using tilt steering? Uggh).

ubber banding is toned down compared to previous releases [cough] *MK Wii* [cough] allowing a skilled player to gain enough of a lead to recover from Blue Spinies or other items, and as well the AI does not "cheat" to determine ranks or unfairly target the human player.
Really? I was thinking of playing through MK Wii again to compare. But I've had characters in front of me (3rd place) fire back at me when I'm behind them ( fireballs and shells) with deadly accuracy. It also seems like they manage to place banana's on parts of turns that I typically cut through.
Anywho things I do not like...
Lack of stats. (For example stamp mode)
The Battle levels (I think Nintendo got lazy). That being said I played some for several hours and it is not too bad as long as there are enough players.
Split screen only one way and if a player is using a pad they should be able to have full screen on a two player game (pad and TV).
The lens flare/glare. It's not too bad on single player. But two player split screen sometimes it is REALLY hard to see where you are going.
The coin item. Has to be one of the most worthless items EVAR!
Tournament mode. It's a good idea but there is no easy way to tell how many people are currently participating in a tournament.
I've occasionally had the Wii mote cut out on me during a game (no response) even though it is clearly powered on. It also seems less than responsive when pointing it at the screen.
Where is dry bones?
-----------------------------
Good things.. (More than I'm naming really)..
I like the HD. It is nice to finally see a Mario Kart in HD.
The attention to the characters reaction and detail is impressive. This includes the main kart characters and anything present on the courses.
I like the course designs of the new levels for the most part. There are a couple flaws (Like if someone uses a lightning bolt when you are on the falls in shy guy falls). But the remakes of the classic levels are most impressive.
The rest is just classic Mario and I can say while trying to get the stamps that the characters do handle differently.
I'm sure there is more.. but I'm sleepy.. :P
Edited by Shannon

• 10 months later...

From the new DLC updates:

Bowser Amiibo Mii Racing suit has that awesome Spartan inspired helmet, and that new Bowser Trike is so badass!!!

Stardust Mii squeaks by for the win, yay!

Here's an old favorite from the first DLC pack I uploaded last fall playing the Exite Bike course: Tanooki Wins!

I didn't take a hit the entire race and you don't hardly see me till the end because I was like half a lap ahead of everyone...

You guys gotta try out the Exite Bike Arena on the new 200cc mode. The air on those stunt ramps is ludicrus! :rolling:

Edited by stardust4ever