IGNORED

Adventure Demo - 7800basic

Swearing doesn't bother me. I do it too, but every other sentence is a bit excessive. People kinda fail to get their point across that way.

truth.jpg

No, you are not ignorant, but by whether swearing or not, many times, the point is the point and the truth is the truth.

Edited by ataritiger

I don't know if AM encountered this problem yet, but in my game, I've had an issue with exiting one level (bank) and appearing into another level (bank) with the same room number map, then going back into the previous level (bank). The player won't be able to re-enter where he exited. To alleviate the problem, I just changed the room of the exit so the player may be a few screens away from the entrance. There probably is a way mentioned above but it might involve using a variable to detect which room the player is in.

truth.jpg

No, you are not ignorant, but by whether swearing or not, many times, the point is the point and the truth is the truth.

Why are you bringing Gandhi into this? I simply stated that while a swear word can be used for emphasis on occasion, using swears excessively tends to dilute the argument. I never argued whether the guy was telling the truth or not (most of it was highly opinionated ranting anyway).

• Like 3

truth.jpg

Yes but as he said, excessive swearing dilutes the message itself, making it hard for people to get across that point and that truth to others. And if you can't convey the point effectively, it's about the same as if you never spoke up to begin with. Try rewriting gandhi's message above, inserting a swear word where ever you can and change references to be as offensive as possible, and you'd have a lot harder time taking him seriously.

• Like 2

Well no I do not agree with Stardust and now Mord, is all I meant. Nothing about his point or "message" was diluted because of his cursing, the point was the point and the truth was the truth and the message was the message. Could it have been a shorter video, yes. Did cursing negate his point? No. Going as far to say he should have not said the point, no way I agree with that either. If you say the sky is pink when it is blue and Mord agrees with you it is pink, that does make you two right on the matter.

Edited by ataritiger

Well no I do not agree with Stardust and now Mord, is all I meant. Nothing about his point or "message" was diluted because of his cursing, the point was the point and the truth was the truth and the message was the message. Could it have been a shorter video, yes. Did cursing negate his point? No. Going as far to say he should have not said the point, no way I agree with that either. If you say the sky is pink when it is blue and Mord agrees with you it is pink, that does make you two right on the matter.

Swearing or not swearing, the vast majority of what the guy in the video said was highly opinionated, not facts or as you call it "truth."

He said a lot of facts about her which proved his point too. Her getting $400,000 a year to talk or $10,000 even if she canceled a talk was not opinion. It is truth. Basically she gets 1/3rd of what a make in a year just to call up a place 1 night and say "I can't make it tonight". For what, making videos jabbering and flip flopping? Or if you don't like his videos, play the other 2 videos that are under a minute that sum things up. No hard feelings man, I just I do not agree with you or others that swearing negates a point/message/overall truth on something. That "what does Ghandi have to do with this" line cracks me up when I see it and I am moonshined up though. Love it bro. Sure, let us get back on topic. Will this game be delayed a year until a better game idea takes place? If so, can I play the latest rom version on a cc2 cart?

Edited by ataritiger

[...] ?

If so, can I play the latest rom version on a cc2 cart?

I'm gonna let this debate slide. As for the flash cart, Harmony Concerto can't come quickly enough. 7800 is the only pre-2000 console I own that I don't own a flash cart for.

Edited by stardust4ever

I agree with you there Star, I am not sure why Krikzz refuses to do Atari flashcarts, I believe it is some moral thing of his..his everdrives are top notch and having a 2600 or 7800 or Lynx or Jaguar flashcart from him would be boss. However, others shown even before Krikzz that it can be done top notch, and I hope the H7800/CC comes soon. Do you have the Mega Everdrive v2 2015 edition?

• 6 months later...

Hey you know what this demo remind me of a never used label art I was going to do for the 5200 game 'Irata's Quest' but never got around with it but seeing this I wonder if you like for me to redo some of my older art to match this game I love Zelda and I even have all the Zelda games for the Famicom Disk system

Anyway heres some of my older 2004 artwork but now I could do a much better version of it if you like I can do a label art for your game if its okay

post-5587-0-52939100-1442469435_thumb.jpg

post-5587-0-57167700-1442469437_thumb.jpg

post-5587-0-67063100-1442469441_thumb.jpg

post-5587-0-04319000-1442469445_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atariboy2600
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Princess Rescue all over again... :roll:

Nintendo can shove it! :lol:

Well when Princess Rescue was being heavily touted as SMB, it should come as no surprise why Nintendo gave it the axe. For example:

This Guy Made an Atari Version of Super Mario Bros. — And It’s Pretty Fun

http://www.wired.com/2013/07/princess-rescue/

Imitate yes, appropriate no! Without imitation we would have only one of everything - one action movie, one shmup, one type of government, etc.

Metridium

post-26314-0-20644200-1443874549_thumb.png

• Like 6