IGNORED

How much should I offer for these Vectrex games?

Wyluli Wolf

There is someone local here selling the following Vectrex games. They are boxed and complete and in pretty nice shape.

Any idea's on how much I should offer him for each individual game (can't afford all at once)?

Narzod

Scramble

Star Trek

Hyperchase

Cosmic Chasm

Bedlam

Armor Attack

Spin Ball

Pole Position (he is asking $150)

Web Wars

Solar Quest

Trying to get an idea off of eBay but these are harder to come by than most stuff.

Thanks.

Maybe $350 - $400 for the lot..that's getting pretty close to the lower end of retail...some may disagree...but Vectrex stuff sits a while before it sells. It may sell higher to the right buyer.

But if he's asking $150 for Pole Position you probably won't get him much lower.

Personally, I'd top out around $200...but I'm also cheap and want to be able to profit if I resell.

They go for about 30-40 each. I've seen Pole Position sell anywhere from 100-200. However bundles tend to go for less as a lot. I'd agree with AAirhart, worth between 350-450. Unless they're in exceptional condition (no tears, stickers, and still glossy and crisp), I wouldn't pay anything over 250 or 300. They're all on ebay all day long for anything more.

One way to tell how much something actually goes for is to refine your ebay search and use "Completed Auction" as your criteria.

Narzod

Scramble

Star Trek

Hyperchase

Cosmic Chasm

Bedlam

Armor Attack

Spin Ball

Pole Position (he is asking $150)

Web Wars

Solar Quest

If I wanted all these games my GOAL would be to pay accordingly:

Narzod 30

Scramble 15

Star Trek 10

Hyperchase 10

Cosmic Chasm 20

Bedlam 20

Armor Attack 15

Spin Ball 10

Pole Position 80

Web Wars 30

Solar Quest 10

I wouldn't pay 150 for Pole Position but CIB it would easily sell for that on ebay, even in not so great condition. I also wouldn't pay 35-40 each for the games that you bought, but again that IS about what they go for on ebay, sometimes more.

Narzod and Web Wars are two of the very best Vectrex games, and they usually sell for higher than the others on this list, $50 or so each, though I would not pay that much.

If you really want Pole Position, I would offer 275 for the lot, and consider you get a bit of a discount for buying the whole thing and making it an easy local cash transaction for the seller. .. Minus Pole Position, I would offer 175 for the rest and you'd be doing better than those particular games typically sell for on ebay INDIVIDUALLY. .. But again buying lots is a different game, and less consistent in price on ebay. .. If you can go without the boxes you can often find auctions with less competition.

The OVERLAY for Web Wars is one of THE top manditory Vectrex articles in my opinion. It's a great game and 10X better with the overlay than without, and you can easily (and legally) get the game program on a multicart or flashcart.

.. So if you can't get everything for a decent deal you might at least be able to snag Web Wars/Narzod. Maybe he doesn't know they are better than the others.

.. In my opinion the overlays are the most important thing in appraising by the way. Some overlays are cracked or badly damaged, or missing altogether.

Don't sleep on Bedlam, that is an addictive, hard game in the same frantic style as Kaboom! even though the game play is very different. I've read reviews of it being a sort of inside-out Tempest but it's not quite that simple. The game is fun, though.

• Like 1