IGNORED

Berzerk!

After setting up the satandisk, I've dropped and dragged all my public domain games and share ware to my satandisk I'd seen this file "Berzerk" and what do know, it's the arcade port it's plays faster than "800/5200/2600" versions its seem to have all voices but I'm sure. Has anyone played this games?

Edited by walter_J64bit

Yup. Briefly mixed it up with Robotron. But dual joysticks would be cooler!

Not to be a pain in the ass, but no, no it wouldn't. Berzerk controls completely differently and is absolutely not a dual joystick type of game. You change the way Berzerk controls, you have a different game. Berzerk and Frenzy work great just the way they are and are classics because of how they are, just like Robotron: 2084 and the countless other dual stick games work great the way they are. It's all in what control scheme they were originally designed for.

• Like 2

Not to be a pain in the ass, but no, no it wouldn't. Berzerk controls completely differently and is absolutely not a dual joystick type of game. You change the way Berzerk controls, you have a different game. Berzerk and Frenzy work great just the way they are and are classics because of how they are, just like Robotron: 2084 and the countless other dual stick games work great the way they are. It's all in what control scheme they were originally designed for.

One might say the same thing about emulated consoles...

You do need to get used to the controls. They're not as smooth as the 2600/5200 versions of the game but once you get the hang of it it's very enjoyable.

Very enjoyable. The gameplay is just fine, IMO.

Dave's versions of Frogger is very good also. So is Ms.Pac, although I can only get Ms. Pac to run from floppy disk....

• 3 months later...

I always thought the 2600 version of berzerk was too responsive compared to the arcade version. I always felt the slugishness made the game feel more challenging.

At the time though, I loved the 2600 version, and was so grateful my mom bought it for me. Oh to be 11 again!