IGNORED

Atari 800 - Best Game Pack : Releases

starwindz

That's interesting, file dropper download died in 1 minute and only got to 84KB. I just downloaded some other files from varous sites with no problems at all - no drops and fast transfer rates. I am miffed

I am trying to upload this file to mediafire.com. When done, I'll let you know.

Will Altirra 2.50 be included in the next update? Also is there a list of what the different versions of roms are for each game? Ex[ Ghostbusters (v1).atr - Ghostbusters (v5).atr and it defaults to Ghostbusters.atr

Yes. Altirra 2.50 will be included in the next update. Regarding versions, one-by-one game checking would be resumed...

PirateBay or one of the big torrent sites might be a better place to distribute this. My download keeps dying like 80% the way through.

Have you ever tried the mediafire link?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1odxhxr3kcnpt90/a8bgp_1.1.0.zip

I will also consider the bit torrent distribution.

Thank you for your comment.

Torrents are fine but as you say they do need constant seeds, I'm not in a position to do that with all my ins and outs with my daughter and I don't like leaving the house with stuff going by itself ie washing machines, PC's etc simply because we have had such awful luck.

So it would be up to the community to keep the links live..

Starwindz has spoken to me about it (not that I really have any say :) ) and we see no reason to not have a torrent.

Edited by Mclaneinc

Thanks again for all the help with the downloads! So now I have both files downloaded and extracted to the same folder. I have a total file count of 31,521 files at 2.49GB. When I try to run many of the games I am getting file not found. I noticed the path when the file not found comes up is \gamebase\games and I see another folder games\gamepack\gamebase\games so I copied the files from there into the folder \gamebase\games and have 1,132 files in that folder now. Should there be more?. Now more games work but many still seem to be missing. Thank you.

The folder paths should start with Gamepack, inside that will be various directories including Gamebase and inside that games.

To fix your missing go to the Gamepack folder, then ini folder and delete the file baseinfoall.ini

Shut the gamebase down and re run it, it will show it rebuilding the links and then you should be fine..

Edited by Mclaneinc

The folder paths should start with Gamepack, inside that will be various directories including Gamebase and inside that games.

To fix your missing go to the Gamepack folder, then ini folder and delete the file baseinfoall.ini

Shut the gamebase down and re run it, it will show it rebuilding the links and then you should be fine..

I did this and more games seem to work now. Does my file count of 1,132 in the gamebase\games folder sound right to you? I still see a decent amount that say file not found and some still run when they give that message. Thanks again.

The file count is spot on..

Could you please give us a couple of examples of the ones that say they are not there but do work please..

Sorry about this, I set out to do a one by one check of all the files as you will see on previous releases but my daughter was taken very very ill and all my work stopped on the file checking. As she's showing good signs now I'll most likely get back to it very soon..

With the examples Starwindz (the genius programmer) can maybe spot a fix.

Edited by Mclaneinc

The file count is spot on..

Could you please give us a couple of examples of the ones that say they are not there but do work please..

Sorry about this, I set out to do a one by one check of all the files as you will see on previous releases but my daughter was taken very very ill and all my work stopped on the file checking. As she's showing good signs now I'll most likely get back to it very soon..

With the examples Starwindz (the genius programmer) can maybe spot a fix.

First of all, I am very sorry to hear that your daughter is ill but happy to hear she is getting better! And as far as testing goes, that's the least the least I can do! Thank you for your efforts!

But please let us know what isn't working..

Thank you for your kind words..

Paul...

Hi Paul, here's a partial list of games (below) that when clicked, produce the "file not found" message but still play with the exception of Gangsterville (as noted below). I can do more as time permits but I want to first make sure you want to know of this error, if I could be setup incorrectly or if you don't care because ultimately they still work. Just let me know.

Fred

Free - Funny Risky Evil Escape

Frenesis

Frisky Tom (5200)

Frogger

Galactic Avenger

Gangsterville - From Gangsterville I also get any emulator can't support it message

Gato

Gauntlet

Gauntlet (Mindscape)

Gauntletak

Gemstone Warrior

Genetic Drift

Getaway!

Getris

Slight update, not getting the same issue as that here, all games either run or in some cases ask me which of many files in the archive to run which is normal..

Is there a slight chance you put the main archive over the update ie the wrong way around by accident?

Do me a favour and back up your GBC-V11 directory in the gamebase folder and replace it with my one..

You may have to delete the baseinfoall.ini in the ini folder and rerun it again..

remember to back that GBC_v11 directory :)

GBC_v11.rar

Edited by Mclaneinc