IGNORED

Atari 800 - Best Game Pack : Releases

starwindz

Something is wrong with the download link. It just keeps reloading the release notes page without ever triggering a download. I can download version 1.1.0 using the link in the notes, as well as the "Invalid Enum Value" bug fix release. But 1.1.4 eludes me. Help?

Please run a8.exe and then 1.1.4 update will be applied via online updater program.

Just had a listen to it, the front end gets a small mention but its pointed as one to check out which is good, wish they had done a little bit more of a check out to see where the gamebase is heading and its features but its all good.

Sadly they devoted more time to the Centron mess up, managed to name the graphics mode as CMODE32 which is wrong and again really didn't dig too deep to see why folks are not apologising re the game (well some of us did but the game was never released). If they had fully read the whole thread it would have become clear if was a hoax.

Oh well....At least they got to mention FlashJazzcats fine work and wanted to do an interview with Jon...

Anyway, Starwindz, what about the maps suggestion for the frontend, seems to be about the only thing not already or planned to be on there..

what about the maps suggestion for the frontend, seems to be about the only thing not already or planned to be on there..

Actually, I can not understand the maps suggestion for the frontend. Sorry about that. :)
Could you explain it to me in detail?
Edited by starwindz

Actually, I can not understand the maps suggestion for the frontend. Sorry about that. :)
Could you explain it to me in detail?

There's loads of maps for games levels out there, one's like Goonies or Zorro where you can see all the game levels, helps people finish the games a bit easier..

post-13027-0-20681400-1405936558_thumb.png

Edited by Mclaneinc

There's loads of maps for games levels out there, one's like Goonies or Zorro where you can see all the game levels, helps people finish the games a bit easier..

Nice idea! I have found some games' maps from following sites. Are there any other source of maps? :)

(Attached files are sample maps from atari.panprase.cz.)

post-39035-0-72572900-1405948557_thumb.png

post-39035-0-62685900-1405948559_thumb.png

post-39035-0-54594400-1405948574_thumb.png

post-39035-0-43489500-1405948576_thumb.png

post-39035-0-10519700-1405948578_thumb.png

post-39035-0-60200100-1405948579_thumb.png

post-39035-0-24310900-1405948581_thumb.png

Yep, starwindz is a very hard worker on this, the speed he adds features is amazing...

@starwindz, I'm still checking the cheat files, found many were bad as in the Karateka one where the person had thought the found the energy bar pointer but in reality had only NOP'ed the animation side of it, it was still counting down.

Still loads to go and then I start adding my own :)

Here is a link for Shamus maps.. I did not see it at the above listed sites..

http://myweb.cableone.net/bsutton/shamus.html

Whoops seems that link is dead... Anyone have these? I thought I grabbed them but I cannot seem to find 'em.

Try here http://web.archive.org/web/20090321065758/http://myweb.cableone.net/bsutton/shamus.html

it seems to be at least part of it.

Edited by Subby

There's an extra surprise in the download....

a8.exe

Infection: Win32:Banker-KWO [Trj]

What checker are you using?

I'd say its a deffo false positive based on the exe packer...

Avira and Comodo on mine (and Avira is very quick to call certain packers trojans) show it as 100% fine..

I'll just get the file again...One sec..

Nope, no issue here, all I get is my Comodo firewall telling me its calling to the internet and should I let it do it?

The only reason it calls the internet is that the A8 is the online updater, after its checked for updates it runs the main file in the database.

Edited by Mclaneinc

If they offer a send file service then I'd suggest to do that so they can check it and I'd expect add it to their false positives..

Also, just in case do a full scan..

All I can say is that I use it constantly testing stuff and I am an stickler for AV and Malware protection, I'm almost 100% that if its not been infected by something else that Avast is thinking the packer for the exe is a virus by mistake which is very common these days.

Would also be interesting for any others to check their file or if they have had a similar message.

At the moment the only way to get updates is via the updater, I'll ask if Starwindz will make a separate file or not...

As for the DB, yeah its ' a thing of beauty' as Mickey says in Rocky, all thanks to Starwindz, I just do idea's and ask Emu authors to add little bits to make the gamebase even better, oh and test it a LOT :)

Starwindz does all the real magic and hard work...

Avast 2014.9.0.2021

Definitions 140722-1

a8_best_gamepack.exe scans ok, so I'll just never run the updater (or until one that scans clean arrives) :)

IF its the exe packer then maybe Starwindz *miight* do a different version, I make no promises as its his project and his alone..

@All people

The troyan-suspicion file has been removed and 1.1.0 zip file has been re-uploaded. As I wrote in this post before, the previous a8.exe is NOT a troyan like that.

@CyranoJ and everyone who want to have new a8.exe

Please download and extract the attached file to the game pack home folder. The update will work fine. :)

a8_new.zip