IGNORED

Stella for android?

hendersonn

Does anyone know of a Stella emulator for the Android platform? I do a lot of coding on the go, and I'd like to test it too. I could just use dosbox (which is how I'm running dasm), but that'd be messy.

tl;dr: Looking for Stella for Android.

Thanks.

I've got a counter question for you (since you have some coding experience)

How could we auto-run Droid2600 or 2600.emu so that they start automatically every time you turn on your Android machine?

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of randomly installing apps from an unknown developer on the same phone I manage my bank accounts on. (I don't like not knowing what permissions I'm granting apps) :-)

I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any experience with any; I know the play store has one too, but if I'm to pay for an app, it should probably be outstanding.

Loon, there's apps for it, though ive never used them. But if youre looking for something more techanical, you could probably just add a bash script at the end of the INI file in the root directory, I'm pretty sure there is a section of "what to do at boot" in there somewhere.

Also, I take it you've use/used those emulators before?

Edited by hendersonn
  • Like 1

Loon, there's apps for it, though ive never used them. But if youre looking for something more techanical, you could probably just add a bash script at the end of the INI file in the root directory, I'm pretty sure there is a section of "what to do at boot" in there somewhere.

Also, I take it you've use/used those emulators before?

I'm pretty sure I've used Droid2600 on an S5110 with custom firmware. Sadly, I've never used it on an Android phone.

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of randomly installing apps from an unknown developer on the same phone I manage my bank accounts on. (I don't like not knowing what permissions I'm granting apps) :-)

I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any experience with any; I know the play store has one too, but if I'm to pay for an app, it should probably be outstanding.

Root your Android and use e.g. DroidWall. Else I wouldn't do any banking on that device.

• Like 1

I've been using Ataroid with satisfaction. I may give the one(s) on the market a try, I'm getting less stingy about paying for apps. I feel like I may have derailed my own topic with the security thing, lol. Nonetheless, I tried DroidWall and it was alright. I think it did it's job quite well (in fact, it broke my browser), but felt I was just being paranoid, so I uninstalled it. I don't make a habit of installing apps I don't really need anyway.

Edited by hendersonn

• 1 year later...

Same as on the PC; using a port of DOSBox, point dasm(.exe) to your source and run it via an emulator. It's been a while since I've done it, but I just got FreeBox off the market and ran the bin though ataroid (not on the market) with success.

You could probably do the same with with a linux build through a terminal emulator, but I haven't tried it. I can make a proper tutorial in a bit if you'd like.