IGNORED

Tempest do-over: Ever possible?

Csonicgo

Do you guys think Tempest could be done on the 2600 given the advanced tools we have now? I talked about this a little in my status blurb the other day, but given that it's 2014 now, I'm sure someone could come up with something using that new DPC+ or something of the like... Or, is this something that should never happen, and Beamrider is about as close as it gets?

Not saying that someone should make it, but just as a technical feat, if it could be done or not.

I'm pretty sure that one attempt would be something like is used in the Activishawn/Juno First logos. I have no idea how much space those logos take, several of them would probably exceed the 32K limit for a traditional homebrew game.

Any philosophers wanna wax on this a while? I'd love to hear what our homebrew guys have to say. :D

When I said bitmap graphics I meant something of at least this quality and with better sound could be done with bitmap graphics. [Click link below if video doesn't play. :mad: ]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kjj_k2r3-jk

http://youtu.be/kjj_k2r3-jk

Then again Star Castle seems simpler, and it had to be time-sliced because it does more than what can be done per frame so tasks have to be queued up and prioritized and completed over more than one frame.