IGNORED

Who Likes Checkered Flag?

VectorGamer

Hey I got Checkered Flag not to long ago just in time for my trip to Funspot at the end of May (it's always nice to get a new Lynx game for a road trip). I'm really diggin' this game!

What are your favorite tracks? I think the one I play most often is Grizzly Flats - I like the long straightaway on that track.

Time's yours...

In the beginning, I hated it and I didn´t understand why so many people are fans of it. I died so often on the track hitting objects on either side until I got used to the handling. Its a nice game, though I rather stick to the easier tracks, especially when I play with other "live" players. You don´t crash so often, and that is definitely a fun killer - at least for me.

Cool avatar you have - where is it taken from? Vectrex?

Cool avatar you have - where is it taken from? Vectrex?

That was taken from my world record run of Star Castle on the Vectrex. The score is "0" and the row of "X" below it indicate I have more than 10 ships in reserve. So, in essence, it's a snapshot of me hitting a million in Star Castle. I have a YouTube video of the performance:

http://youtu.be/BgyaMScFjB0

I love Checkered Flag for the Lynx! Vastly better than the Jaguar version.

I picked up a copy of this game earlier in the year (back in the winter), and whenever I have my Lynx out, this is one of my "go to" games (my others include Chip's Challenge, RoadBlasters, and S.T.U.N. Runner)

• Like 1

That was taken from my world record run of Star Castle on the Vectrex. The score is "0" and the row of "X" below it indicate I have more than 10 ships in reserve. So, in essence, it's a snapshot of me hitting a million in Star Castle. I have a YouTube video of the performance:

http://youtu.be/BgyaMScFjB0

You´re now responsible for me bying a Vectrex in the nearest future. Have read about it lots in the past years, even came across it on a vintage game fair (but ending up ignoring it), but never really was interested in it until 1st of July 2014. Historical day, so to say :)

Edited by woolfman

I used to have Vectrex. I liked the system a lot for some games that were very close to original vector arcade games but it did take up more spaces than most other consoles. Since I never grew up with Veccy I didn't have attachment and I could easily let mine with original games go (kept a couple homebrewn games) and maybe pick up another Veccy when I get room. (and after someone does a proper Star Wars arcade game)

I have only played Checkered Flag when it was on HSC. I did think it was fun, but I tend toward Rampage and Rygar of late.

As for the Vectrex, I am a huge fan. I finished getting the released games for my vectrex last year. We (my boys and I) always have the Vectrex going along with what ever console is going on the tv. We have a great time cycling between systems and games, there are a lot of great games for the Vectrex. I need to explore the homebrew market more, there are several titles I am longing to have for my vectrex when I get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is great, here is a video of My Top 10 LYNX games.

I have two of those games in your top 10: Checkered Flag and Ms. Pac-Man. I have 15 games in my collection right now.

I didn't know Pac-Land was available on the Lynx. Is that one on the pricey side or can it be had for a reasonable price?

I have two of those games in your top 10: Checkered Flag and Ms. Pac-Man. I have 15 games in my collection right now.

I didn't know Pac-Land was available on the Lynx. Is that one on the pricey side or can it be had for a reasonable price?

I got it for around the £5 mark, so it's one of the less expensive titles.

On-topic: I don't own Checkered Flag yet, because sadly it is one of the games where there seems to be no old stock of new games... so it isn't ultr@ che@p CIB. I played it via flashcard recently, and while I like it it really is difficult. I wish the cars were not that sensitive to touching one another, even slight collisions seem to result in me spinning around, losing all speed and having no chance to get back into the race.

I have an easier time playing Road Riot.^^