IGNORED

Inquiring about the USB card...

Omega-TI

There is no driver for the USB side of it, and none of the programmers have taken the time to try to learn how to create a USB stack from scratch--a difficult task even on a system that has example code available (which we don't).

The Smart Media interface works fine, but the parts, especially the connector, are extremely difficult to source. Add the fact that it is all surface mount (Matthew is one of the few TI folks with the equipment to work with that--I also have some tools that are useful in that context, but not enough experience with SM parts to do it really well), and you have a lot of potential that just can't be exploited.

About 40 of the boards were made, but I doubt that more than 10 of them were ever assembled, which explains the silence on their use.

There is no driver for the USB side of it, and none of the programmers have taken the time to try to learn how to create a USB stack from scratch--a difficult task even on a system that has example code available (which we don't).

About 40 of the boards were made, but I doubt that more than 10 of them were ever assembled, which explains the silence on their use.

This is just about the saddest damn thing ever for the TI. So close, but yet so far from the brass ring. All that potential...

GAWD, talk about depressing...

I sold (or gave away?) my blank card many years ago, for many of the reasons Ksarul cited. Furthermore if a USB device was connected to the TI via this card, a driver or program to interface with each device's intended use would still be needed. Not impossible, but not very practical either IMHO.

Yeah, I understand and get what you are saying. Heck, even one DSR routine, if could be hard wired onto the card like the HDX, could at least give it one full-time function like a SSHD with a USB memory stick. But then price-to-benefit ratio still makes it impractical. Sigh....

• 4 months later...