IGNORED

Atari 800WinPlus error msg

nrabus

I'm not sure where the game ROMs should be. I have pacman files (folder shows them as VLC player files. I have run them on the JM32 5200 emulator. I couldn't save a game with that emulator (at least not using the control it shows in the manual), so switched to 800wimplus.

It detect the BIOS for 5200 and other files, but not the game ROMs. It doesn't detect the VLC format pacman files. I have no other game r\ROMs currently. Is there another format of the pacman ROMs I need for Atari 800winplus. I attached the msg I get when manually loading a game.

Thank you in advance.

post-39873-0-83200900-1406237185_thumb.jpg

You can put game ROMs wherever you want - actually the system ROMs is the same, there's a panel where you can specify location for each. You insert cartridge and specify it's location at that time. If the ROM file has a valid header then the emulator should automatically know what type it is. If it's just a raw dump then it'll probably ask you what cart type it is, e.g. straight up ROM, various banked types. If it's a computer ROM it won't work in 5200 mode.

You need to choose the machine type, e.g. 400/800, XL, 5200. If you choose 5200 then the RAM quantity and some other relevant stuff should be automatic. You shouldn't need to worry about Basic on/off, that's for the computers only.