IGNORED

Tomodachi Life-Another Nintendo Hit?

Well, here I sit, and after watching some more videos and reading reviews (and playing the demo), I have to say I'm intrigued enough to actually want to add this game to my library. I know the title is more of an "observe" than actually fully participate, but I have to say the interactions of the various Mii's looks interesting, in a weird sort of way. I'm not exactly sure what the appeal is to me at this point, perhaps it's just to own the title that some folks are raving about, but it might be a nice change to have a game of this type.

It seems the sales of this game are actually doing quite well for only being out a month. Anyone here have this title, either for their kids or for themselves? What about the QR codes to obtain more Mii's? Seems famous actors can be incorporated onto your island. Short spurts of game play or long sessions? And how many of you that own this are still playing, or did you lose interest and move on to something else?

The price tag (at Gamestop, anyway) is $40.00 for the most part, although Best Buy seems to be selling it for $35.00. Did you get your money's worth out of it or did you regret buying it? Did you try the demo and did that influence your decision? Sorry for all the questions, but most of you know I usually ask folks here for game-buying advice and it's helped in making a decision with some of the games over the years.

Steve

One of my kids plays this all the time. I asked her about it and she said "say it is awesome" :) It looks like a lot of fun and she is always telling me about funny stuff happening in the game, like drawing on peoples faces while they are asleep.

I haven't played it myself yet because it only allows one person to save, unlike Animal Crossing where we can share the cartridge and have our own characters.

If you find this Nintendo Direct video funny then you will enjoy the game.

Edited by Amstari

Thanks for the help, Amstari. I actually did buy the game last night and it's been hard to put down so far. I've made some Mii's, and imported some others (Darth Vader, C3PO, Reggie for example), and I'm having a blast. It seems a little easier than Animal Crossing: New Leaf, as I don't obsess about checking in every minute.....just every other minute with this game. :D And yes, I did enjoy that Nintendo Direct, and found it quite humorous. It seems quite easy to make money in the game as long as you don't go overboard on buying stuff right at the get-go. The character interactions are also funny. At this point, I can say it was well worth the $40 I spent to get it.

-Steve

There's something strangely appealing about this game. It has its faults such as repetition of dialog and not really being able to interact with your Miis but it's still fun to play. I like that you can change the lyrics to the songs that you can get, there's a lot of different clothes and interiors for their apartment and it's fun trying to find out which is their favorite (or least favorite!) food.

It would have been nice if they allowed same sex dating but you can sort of work around that by making one of your Miis look like the opposite gender. I like that you can actually change what your Mii looks like in the game. You can even change their personality.

I'm glad this game is doing well. This series has a lot of promise. I'm hoping the sequel (which I'm sure will happen) will have more interaction, less repetition, better mini games and same sex dating.

• Like 1

I have to admit, I didn't expect to be this "curious" about what my Mii's were doing when I'm not there. Feels like my obsession with Animal Crossing...sort of. But two days into it I'm enjoying it, but trying to make sure I "moderate" my time so I don't burn out. Unlike my Animal Crossing "problem".

Has anyone else noticed this game being in demand in brick and mortar stores?

My local gamestop and best buy were sold out. I had to (sadly...) venture into Wal-Mart, where the electronics area employee who got the game from the case told me he's been selling a lot of the game recently. He didn't seem to know what it was, nor have much gaming knowledge, but he singled that game and that game alone that has been really hard to keep stock of.

I know this did well in Japan. Has it been doing as well as it appears in the US?