SIO2BT

260 replies to this topic

#251 greblus ONLINE  

greblus

Moonsweeper

• 270 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:56 PM

Hi.

Are you using latest version? When you go to higher dir ".." a few times it'll finally go back to /storage/emulated/0. That's how it works on my LG with Android 6.0.

W.

#252 manterola OFFLINE  

manterola

Moonsweeper

• 286 posts

Posted Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:16 PM

Great! You are right. I can confirm that in aspeqt for android if you continue to press back when you are already in the root / it goes back to /storage/emulated/0 directory.
Thanks
Mauricio

#253 TheMontezuma OFFLINE  

TheMontezuma

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 661 posts

Posted Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 AM

It is nice to see that things work together :)

splitter_power.jpg

splitter_and_bt.jpg

#254 TheMontezuma OFFLINE  

TheMontezuma

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 661 posts

Posted Tue May 29, 2018 2:23 PM

After a long break in development I released one convienient feature.

The background story:

My my favourite website with the collection of the Atari games offers a link "Download All".

If you unzip the content, the games are copied to directories named after the first letter of game names.

Until now, after mounting a game in the SIO2BT app, you couldn't easily just mount the next one,

because the file list view was always showing the first items in the directory at the top of the screen.

For directories with many games (as this is the case with Homesoft collection) it meant scrolling, scrolling, scrolling...

Now comes the change, the file list view will automatically scroll to the previously mounted game,

so you can easily mount the next one :)

You will find the vers.2.85 of the SIO2BT app as always at Google Play.

I'm also going to add handling of the favourite games and a search function in the next weeks.

P.S.

Google has "motivated" me to revisit the app, because of the deadline they set for the existing apps at Google Play.

Due to security reasons, Google wants all apps to target the current Android API version.

I will be able to provide updates (via Google Play) to the SIO2BT app only until November 2018.

This is because my app is targeting a very old Android API (API Level 7 = Android 2.1).

After this date, the updates of the SIO2BT app will only be possible through the *.apk files (which is not that bad, but less convienient).

#255 Kyle22 OFFLINE  

Kyle22

River Patroller

• 3,837 posts
  • Call my BBS! telnet://broadway1.lorexddns.net

Posted Tue May 29, 2018 2:41 PM

That sounds good. One request: Can you post the .apk here for those of us who use Android devices without being signed in to the Evil Goo (and therefore are unable to use the Play Store)?

Thanks.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by Kyle22, Tue May 29, 2018 2:41 PM.

#256 Diskwiz OFFLINE  

Diskwiz

Star Raider

• 65 posts

Posted Tue May 29, 2018 5:48 PM

Trying to keep up with Google is a full time job.  I hope people can appreciate that.  I have just given out APKs in the past myself because of this!

#257 TheMontezuma OFFLINE  

TheMontezuma

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 661 posts

Posted Wed May 30, 2018 12:12 AM

Attached is the apk file:

Attached File  Sio2Bt_App_ver_2.85.zip   72.62KB   37 downloads

#258 lemiel OFFLINE  

lemiel

Moonsweeper

• 279 posts

Posted Wed May 30, 2018 12:47 AM

Don't you plan to target never API version?
Old Java or something other?

#259 TheMontezuma OFFLINE  

TheMontezuma

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 661 posts

Posted Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 AM

I don't know yet.

My concern was not to break support for old Android devices.

Some apps at Google Play are branched at one point of time (for example: MyFRITZ!App and MyFRITZ!App 2)

The older version is frozen and the owners of the older devices can still install and use that version,

while a new (re-written) app (with a new name) is added to Google Play, which targets the latest API.

I hope to be ready with all new features (including "internet modem") until November :)

#260 Kyle22 OFFLINE  

Kyle22

River Patroller

• 3,837 posts
  • Call my BBS! telnet://broadway1.lorexddns.net

Posted Fri Jun 1, 2018 1:06 PM

Attached is the apk file:

attachicon.gifSio2Bt_App_ver_2.85.zip

Thanks!

#261 TheMontezuma OFFLINE  

TheMontezuma

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 661 posts

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:49 PM

I have some updates about the SIO2BT app.

The new version 3.00 of the app was just released:

- it has improvements related to the file selection (a filter to narrow down the number of displayed matching files, useful when dealing with huge number of files)

- it does not have a Bluetooth MAC address database anymore and allows connections to any BT SPP devices (like HC-06) with names starting with "SIO2BT" or "ATARI"

- the app source code is released under GPL license: https://github.com/TheMontezuma/SIO2BT

- the apk file is also uploaded to the Github: https://github.com/T...3.00/Sio2Bt.apk

I would like to thank you guys again for your support over the last years.

Four years ago SIO2BT was submitted to the ABBUC contest and won the first price :)

And now I decided to release the source code and to remove MAC address database protection.

To be honest my decision was accelerated by a new Google security policy.

Starting 1 Nov 2018, there will be no updates allowed to the apps targeting older smartphones.

This means, the version 3.00 will probably be the last version available via Google Play.

I tested it on various Android devices:

- LG with Android 2.3

- Huawei with Android 4.0

- Nexus 5 with Android 6.0.1

- Pixel XL with Android 9

and I hope it will continue to work properly on your Android phones/tablets.

I also recommend a great Android port of the AspeQt (with Bluetooth support) from Greblus:

https://play.google.....example.AspeQt

and the PC RespeQt software:

https://github.com/j...espeQt/releases

Have fun!

P.S.

Although you can use now any BT transceiver with the SIO2BT app, I still have a limited number of devices in the 3D printed cases.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users