IGNORED

The hunt for a Colecovision Flashback!

nanochess

Hi

I was going to start a hunt for a Colecovision Flashback like the one Rev started in Intellivision forum but I remembered I'm not in the USA :)

So any soul wishing to help me to get one?

I would pay for it immediately via Paypal plus shipping to Mexico and an extra for the bother ;)

Hi

I was going to start a hunt for a Colecovision Flashback like the one Rev started in Intellivision forum but I remembered I'm not in the USA :)

So any soul wishing to help me to get one?

I would pay for it immediately via Paypal plus shipping to Mexico and an extra for the bother ;)

Since one of your game is included in the CV Flashback, I think ATgames should have send you one :?

I will keep an eye open for you Oscar

• Like 3

I got one today from Toys R Us they said their computer wouldn't let them sell it but a manager did an override an override. There's quite a few of them available still on the shelf next to the Atari flashbacksystem. There were no intelivision systems though.

Edited by iscout62

Nothing at the TRU in Mentor, Ohio. That's okay, I came home and played my Yurkie modded CV. :D

Nothing better than playing on the real thing. For most sround here, the CVFB will just be a novelty or collectible item that gets plsyed a couple times and then boxed back up to be dtored away with the rest of one's collection.

Well, you got that as well as all the opportunists that will try to make a buck off them on eBay, etc.

• Like 3

Nothing better than playing on the real thing. For most sround here, the CVFB will just be a novelty or collectible item that gets plsyed a couple times and then boxed back up to be dtored away with the rest of one's collection.

Well, you got that as well as all the opportunists that will try to make a buck off them on eBay, etc.

Yeah, I am more looking forward to the intellivision one since I don't have an intellivision. Now with all the news about weird looking screens, buttons being switched around, games not playing same speed, and using your thumb to play the games (EKH!!). I may not even get a colecovision one anymore.

Yeah, I am more looking forward to the intellivision one since I don't have an intellivision. Now with all the news about weird looking screens, buttons being switched around, games not playing same speed, and using your thumb to play the games (EKH!!). I may not even get a colecovision one anymore.

I really want to see how it's working the emulation.

So far I've noted some deviated sound in Mecha-8 from the video recorded by ed1475 and in Venture from other video.

Let me see... just I've checked and my Colecovision Flashback is just out of customs :D

There are definitely color and sound differences between the ColecoVision Flashback and real ColecoVision. If you're familiar with the console, you'll definitely notice it, particularly in background graphics (for the color) and anything with music (for the sound).

There are definitely color and sound differences between the ColecoVision Flashback and real ColecoVision. If you're familiar with the console, you'll definitely notice it, particularly in background graphics (for the color) and anything with music (for the sound).

If that's right, then I can see in my future being myself of help for AtGames for solving these little problems for the Flashback 2 ;)

Mine is also on the way :)

I also got one for my mother since she's really the one who introduced me to ColecoVision

Cool 8) and what a good idea! :)

• Like 1

Yeah, that would certainly not replace the original deal

Although, I'm just glad ATGames finally made a CV Flashback, in fact I'm gratefull for their efforts into making this

My only concern is if it would be possible or not to hack it, swapping the games, add a cartridge slot etc.. ;) :D

• Like 1

I'm also hoping to give a hand to ATGames for the Flashback 2

Providing them homebrew games, advice and oh..... The real CV logo ;)

The main issue was they didn't have anyone test it who is familiar with the hardware (which is one reason we got the reversed buttons). I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss it with you, but I've at least been promised to be part of the testing for the next version, so at least there's that. As for the logos and stuff, that's filtered through Riverwest, so I'm not sure much can be changed on things like that.

• Like 2

The main issue was they didn't have anyone test it who is familiar with the hardware (which is one reason we got the reversed buttons). I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss it with you, but I've at least been promised to be part of the testing for the next version, so at least there's that.

Ok cool, I would be VERY interested to help as well

Keep me in the loop Bill

As for the logos and stuff, that's filtered through Riverwest, so I'm not sure much can be changed on things like that.

I don't see why Riverwest would not want to use the original logo

They have all the rights to use it, and on top of that, the original logo looks much better IMHO

CollectorVision just got company name and logo for a "certain" company

We are authorized to use original name, logos

The Atari Flashback 2 is a(n almost) fully compatible Atari 2600 under the hood, and so can be hacked to include a cartridge port.

The first Flashback was a Nintendo-on-a-Chip system inside. Theoretically you could hack it to include a Famicom or NES cartridge port, but there's no real point in doing so.

The third and fourth Atari Flashbacks run emulators and so cannot be hacked to include a cartridge port, at least not easily.

The ColecoVision Flashback I believe is also emulator-based, so like Bill said, nothing to hack, at least not at the hardware level.