IGNORED

Tele Star Arcade Console With Four Games

xasapxajx

Welcome to AtariAge! :)

What you have there is at once one of the most advanced Pong-style units and one of the earliest and least advanced consoles ever made. Before Coleco made the Colecovision they were originally a sporting goods company (COnnecticut LEather COmpany) that made early tv tennis simulation games of the sort that Pong was, some of which were called Telstar. When consoles with additional games came along in the mid-late 70's Coleco made the Telstar Arcade to try and get on that bandwagon, but quickly discontinued the Telstar Arcade, and later came out with the Colecovision.

You actually have a complete loose collection for the Telstar Arcade, as only 4 games were released for it (a rumored 5th game has never been confirmed). Cartridge 1 was sold with the unit, Catridges 2 and 3 were sold separately and had flyers included with the Telstar Arcade unit advertising them. Cartridge #4 was a late release that had minimal advertising and is fairly rare, though not valuable. The two small paddle controllers were also included with Cartridge #2 and are needed to play the titles on it.

I recommend that you KEEP THIS UNIT! Aside from being able to say that you have every game for at least one system, the Telstar Arcade is one of very few system that really cannot be properly experienced through emulation, and presents a truly unique gaming experience. The triangular cartridges are also the most unique ever made for any system. If you need a power adapter, the following Ebay seller has one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleco-Telstar-Arcade-AC-POWER-ADAPTER-SUPPLY-OFFICIAL-System-Console-/161406285478?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item25949076a6

and ones for the rare Canadian version of the Telstar Arcade can be purchased here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleco-Telstar-Arcade-AC-POWER-ADAPTER-SUPPLY-OFFICIAL-System-Console-/331309289394?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4d23928fb2

I assume that you're in the US, since you appear to have the shiny versions of the cartridges, which in their overseas releases lacked the shiny coating. I also hope that you're not seeing dollar signs with this unit. They are uncommon, but not overly so. Loose systems and the cartridges for them show up fairly often on Ebay and rarely sell for large sums, particularly if they are untested. Complete, boxed units and complete boxed games in good condition can sell for high prices if there are interested buyers. You'd probably get more enjoyment out of knowing you have a complete (if loose) collection and possibly a working system that will give you a very unique if basic gaming experience.

The #4 cartridge has some decent value. The rest not necessarily unless they are boxed. I like the system just because it is so unique.

The #4 cartridge and the external paddle controllers are the rarities here. The rest of the items are not horribly hard to find. Like everything else prices seem to vary widely depending on who's interested at the time.

WTF value 0? Why would you even say such a thing. Can always be sold again for $30 just as an interesting piece. Probably worth more than that.

I used one of these 30 years ago. It was simply but fun. Shoot the middle of the tv. You get a hit everytime.

Not rare. Value? $7.37 No AC adapter! Value= $0 The AC adapter is the most valuable part!

Don't Keep that console!!! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

This console is damned! It had been stored for year in a cellar built on the location of a old indian cemetery.

The only thing to do , for your safety , is to send it to me, i will exorcize it and keep it in a safe place at my location. :grin:

• Like 1