IGNORED

Atari ST Gamer Magazine

Greyfox

uahc6.jpg

Atari ST Gamer Magazine™ Issue 1 has finally been completed now and I present a nice preview to you all of the magazine in all it's glory, this first collectors issue of two has some great interviews, facts, and some amazing and honest Atari ST game reviews for your enjoyment plus allot more, this magazine is again another Digital publication for use on your tablets, computer and other devices and has a nice and tidy page count of 65 pages of content for you to ponder over and Issue one will cost a mere £3.50 / €4.40 / $5.79 for all this Atari ST goodness, so I hope you will support it by picking up a copy so that we can get Issue two underway and finished for a February 2015 release with even more exclusive content, interviews and reviews so Thank you for taking the time to have a look ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CMAgvkQ7Z4

1537crq.jpg

Contents of Issue one

The Converted, we take a look at how well the Atari ST computer stood up to doing arcade conversions at the time in this two part series, we cover over 30 games this issue. Preview below of what to expect. So we hope you enjoy it

16a19hg.png

Next up a classic trivia feature for this issue and issue 2 called Atari ST's Believe it or not
a collection of great facts about the Atari ST , it's games and missed opportunities, some real golden nuggets in here. Here's a small preview.

2hmlhlh.png

The Life and Times of the Atari ST, this feature covers the up-rise and downfall of why and what happened within Atari and the Atari ST platform and contains many facts and exclusive interview for this feature, here's just a small sample of this feature.

2nhqe5e.png

Interviews with Atari ST legends and unsung Heroes. That's right!!, we have some amazing interviews with three of the most prolific designers and games creators to grace the Atari ST computer questioned!!, some real surprises in here not revealed in a publication like this before.

2s9dor5.png

The Atari ST Game Vault. A superb collection of classic Atari ST game reviews for you all to read and keep as a reference written by a very well known Atari ST enthusiast and You tuber and covers some great games with his insightful opinion and ratings.

23kelqs.png

plus lots more, we have a old school Cheats section to help even up the score

2j0jzwg.jpg

Atari ST Fun activities pages , a collect of fun games and puzzles games to print out and play with. An Atari ST gallery pages which covers a superb collection of Atari ST pixel art for your enjoyment.

for more information on the magazine please visit :

http://www.Atarigamer.co.uk

or the you tube channel to see exclusive game-play videos..more will be added soon. goto

http://www.youtube.com/user/ataristgamer

The magazine will be available for purchase now. Also to quickly mention that any queries or concerns regarding input or contribution by Mr. Kieren Hawken a.k.a. The Laird, in the publication can be put to rest, he has had no involvement with the production of the Atari ST Gamer magazine at any time via content or reviews or will have any future involvement in publication I may consider doing, thanks.

Let me know what you all think

All the best guys :)

Darren Doyle

Atari ST Gamer Magazine

Creator and Designer.

Edited by Greyfox
  • Like 2

Thanks very much for your input Invader, it really helps me to refine the work I do in creating these great magazines in my attempt to keep the Atari ST scene alive, which I think I've done, I haven't stopped reading mine all day and hopefully the next issue will be as good if not better, I have some hopefully amazing things I wish to include in the next one if I can get the right people involved, but delighted you loved the first issue, It's not often the Atari ST get the lime light it deserves, I aim to change all that ;)

Kind Regards

Darren.

Edited by Greyfox

About time :)

Magazine looks nice.

Also to quickly mention that any queries or concerns regarding input or contribution by Mr. Kieren Hawken a.k.a. The Laird, in the publication can be put to rest, he has had no involvement with the production of the Atari ST Gamer magazine at any time via content or reviews or will have any future involvement in publication I may consider doing, thanks.

Many thanks Fedepede,

Delighted you love the design astetics of the magazine, its hard work but totally worth it, I always do my best to capture the feel of the Atari platforms in a professional and deserving manner, so I hope you enjoy the magazine.

Again many thanks for all the support given to it so far

Kind Regards

Darren.

@English Invader:Great to hear such wonderful praise for the magazine, it's feedback like this that makes the sheer man hours put in by all the team, very much worth it.

I was delighted to be asked to be 'involved' in the magazine by Greyfox, as i too had grown very frustrated of the mainstream press only seeming to talk about Amiga/MD/SNES version's of games, where was the ST version? for UK magazines you'd have thought the ST would have had sat proudly alongside the rest, but sadly no.....

The ST Triva and Lost Games stuff was just a bit of fun, look at what could of been, put some lesser covered bits n bobs out there.Saved the more serious approach to the interviews i did, bulk of which you'll see in Volume 2 and i was floored by the responses from the coders i interviewed.

Sounds a tad soft, but it was actually bloody nice just to be able to give something back to the ST/Retro community by taking part in ST Gamer....Greyfox has poured heart n soul into this and i'm proud to have played a small role.

Just a teaser/update for plans from myself for ST Gamer Vol.2 content.Greyfox already has a further 3 interviews from myself and is cooking up a rather splendid feature for them, but i've since secured a further 3 interviews and if all goes to plan, they'll be in there as well to add further depth to feature, get best possible cross-section of views and opinions from the very people who worked on the ST itself.

@English Invader:Great to hear such wonderful praise for the magazine, it's feedback like this that makes the sheer man hours put in by all the team, very much worth it.

I was delighted to be asked to be 'involved' in the magazine by Greyfox, as i too had grown very frustrated of the mainstream press only seeming to talk about Amiga/MD/SNES version's of games, where was the ST version? for UK magazines you'd have thought the ST would have had sat proudly alongside the rest, but sadly no.....

To be fair, most Amiga games ARE ST games :grin:

Great idea for a magazine though. The ST has always intrigued me. Probably the combination of being Atari and pretty unknown in the US.

Edited by zetastrike

@zetastrike:This is very true and indeed a reason i've found mainstream publications 'struggle' with repeat features when covering the ST.There simply (and sadly) were'nt enough 'Killer Apps' exclusive to the ST to really get enough 'milage' out of covering it, in the formats they go after.

Hence my attempt to look at various 'Lost' ST games that showed what could have been, be they proposal only or indeed actual canned titles...along with how ST code often turned up in some very unexpected places.... :-)

As a UK 520STFM owner, it was often horrendous to see:ST version to follow, publisher considering possibility of an ST version, or worse still no ST version planned...developer working to full potential of the Amiga (or if game was from USA...cat in hells chance of a UK developer being given it to convert).Somettimes the wait was worth it though, improvements made to ST Defender Of The Crown for example, released later than Amiga, but i personally found it to be a far more playable version.

Of all the Lost Games i looked into, 2 stuck out for very different reasons...the 1st was ST Myth (System 3), a game i'd fallen in love with on the C64 and eagerly awaited on ST, never to see light of day, despite what other publications might claim :-) and Lost Mariner, which looked stunning, so it was a personal pleasure to include the pair of them in ST Gamer Vol.1.

Also to quickly mention that any queries or concerns regarding input or contribution by Mr. Kieren Hawken a.k.a. The Laird, in the publication can be put to rest, he has had no involvement with the production of the Atari ST Gamer magazine at any time via content or reviews or will have any future involvement in publication I may consider doing, thanks.

Congrats, your mag now has more credibility than Retro Gamer...

• Like 3

Just wanted to drop by and just say thank you to all that have got the magazine, the support has been amazing on the magazine and I will be hopefully doing a few pod cast interviews, talking a bit more about why and how it came about etc, like the Atari 8-bit magazine before this, it was very important to get the facts out there and straighten a few ties in the process :)

So again I just want to personal thank everyone so far , you guy make it all worth while :thumbsup:

Kind regards

Darren.

Edited by Greyfox
  • Like 1

Great magazine and Darren has provided personal, friendly and efficient customer service, he spotted a discrepancy as I bought the Atari 8bit magazine when I wanted the ST version, he noted I had already bought one previously and immediately messaged me saying he thought I might of made an error and then refunded my original purchase, I would likely not of noticed anytime soon as I tend to by things and they just sit there until I get around to them lol (I am sure many of you can relate) but I feel Darren wants everyone satisfied with their purchase. Top recommendation.

• Like 1

Just finished my first perusal of the new ST magazine. Again another fun romp with the past. I only had an ST for a short time before moving to the Amiga, but I have fond memories of my first 16 but machine. Do you think if the ST line had a better operating system on par with Amiga OS it would have had more success? I still find the Amiga OS remarkable.

ravard

Greyfox,

I purchased the magazine a couple of days ago and I've only started reading it. Great job! I'll always have fond memories of the ST and your magazine brings back the days when I bought ST Action and ST Format because they had more information than our US magazines.

Thanks for bringing back the memories! I look forward (impatiently) for issue #2.

Bob C

• Like 1

Just finished my first perusal of the new ST magazine. Again another fun romp with the past. I only had an ST for a short time before moving to the Amiga, but I have fond memories of my first 16 but machine. Do you think if the ST line had a better operating system on par with Amiga OS it would have had more success? I still find the Amiga OS remarkable.

ravard

Never could stand that goofy Amiga os.gem was so much better and easier
  • Like 1

ravard

I don't think that OS is what attracted people to Amiga. It was rather HW, and better looking games because of it. Another thing where Amiga was clearly better is expansion port.

Amiga OS is slow, and only multitasking is what was really advanced in it.

Atari would be more successful, better said it would be successful during more years if they'd improved HW faster and more.