IGNORED

Avoid buying from Mod Chip Outlet

frankodragon

Boy do I feel dumb after not researching the web about this business. Located in Menasha, Wisconsin, they sell mod chips via web site (mod-chip.net) and want money orders. Send your money order and they won't send the item(s). Even if you try, their e-mail has been disabled. I filed a complaint which is possibly the only thing I can do but pretty much the money I sent is gone.

The next time someone wants money orders, that should raise a red flag.

Just don't get burned from this loser business. :razz:

Sorry to hear that, mate! Getting burned always sucks, no matter the amount of money it's for. With a money order there's really no way to retrieve that money, is there? I know with a credit card you can dispute the payment as fraudulent and usually get your money back.

Sorry to hear that, mate! Getting burned always sucks, no matter the amount of money it's for. With a money order there's really no way to retrieve that money, is there? I know with a credit card you can dispute the payment as fraudulent and usually get your money back.

I did file a fraud report to Money Gram. I do have the receipt with its reference number.

I did file a fraud report to Money Gram. I do have the receipt with its reference number.

In that case, I hope you get your money back from these jerks! Any way you could report them to their local PD for running a fraudulent business?

• 2 weeks later...

From the looks of that site, they haven't been in business for quite some time. So as stated above the MO wasn't cashed, which enforced the fact you may have sent to a closed shop. I'm just surprised the envelope wasn't returned to you with RTS by the post office.

Who knows, maybe in time it will come back to you. Good luck

Edited by Triads
  • Like 2

From the looks of that site, they haven't been in business for quite some time. So as stated above the MO wasn't cashed, which enforced the fact you may have sent to a closed shop. I'm just surprised the envelope wasn't returned to you with RTS by the post office.

This sounds very likely. Good job OP for checking in on & cancelling that MO.

This whole thing's a shame, because I'm pretty sure I remember this URL being one oldschool sites for buyin' chips back in the PS1 days.

• 1 year later...