IGNORED

Are Your NIB Colecovision Games Truly 'Factory' Sealed?

ValkerieSilk

AFAIK, supplies and equipment can be bought by anyone that duplicates 100% what the factory does when packaging and sealing product, and done even more convincing if the container or box is in mint shape It's not a hidden or copyrighted technology for the most part for stuff like this. CV boxes for the most part, if we are talking about CV boxes advertised as 100% mint, original, crisp and new looking, i would be wondering about. Reason for that is, the original boxes are now 30+ years old give or take a few years, and CV game box flaps were glued at factory. All CV boxes i've found have had the top or bottom flap torn off, most likely done by excited kids at Christmas or at any other time, not caring and ripping the damn things open. Nothing wrong with selling games in reproduction boxes, that's nice to get, BUT when "advertised" as being reproductions, THAT'S the right way to do it, just common courtesy. All said, not saying brand new mint original CV boxes are ALL bogus, just very rare. My CV boxes from the 80's are all like brand new, i was smart enough to open them without ripping them, not even any browning or discoloration! If i was buying a rare game, with a mint box, then i would expect the box to be original, that's part of what you are paying for, in some cases the box is worth more that the game itself. But if it was a common game for cheap, in a repro box, i wouldn't care. That's my take on this.

Edited by Rik

Selling something "factory sealed" when it isn't, or using a repro box and not advertising such, it's not just against "common courtesy". It's fraud and a criminal offense in most jurisdictions.

Doesn't stop people from doing it by the boatload, mind you. There is WAY too much "NIB" product out there for me to believe. Specific 2600 and 7800 games? Sure, these were well documented to have been discovered by the thousands in warehouses. Beyond that, I wouldn't trust much. But I never have and never will pay for lucite boat anchors, so I'm not the target market for this stuff either.