IGNORED

For Anyone Who Wants the Super Chef BT Rom

pimpmaul69

I was on the intellivision.us website checking out what games they released and noticed that super chef bt was available for download. So i downloaded it and it is real. So any burgertime fans that couldnt get the game can still play it. And if you plan on using a multi-cart you might as well download while you can.

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

Hmm... It's been there since forever. I didn't know others weren't aware of it or I would have posted it. IntelligentVision typically offers all of the ROMs of the games they produce for free on their page.

-dZ.

P.S. Oh, I forgot to say, thanks for sharing it. It also reminded me that I hadn't downloaded some other ROMs. :)

Edited by DZ-Jay

Hmm... It's been there since forever. I didn't know others weren't aware of it or I would have posted it. IntelligentVision typically offers all of the ROMs of the games they produce for free on their page.

-dZ.

P.S. Oh, I forgot to say, thanks for sharing it. It also reminded me that I hadn't downloaded some other ROMs. :)

problem with some of the other roms is they arent their completed versions and only the half working prototypes

IntelligentVision typically offers all of the ROMs of the games they produce for free on their page.

-dZ.

I've been wondering about this, actually. I'm much appreciative of Intelligentvision offering so many downloads, but will the games released more recently ever come out as ROM downloads or purchases (Super Pro Tennis, Super NFL Football, Spina, Space Patrol, etc.)? If they're still being sold by the publisher, I wouldn't expect to find a free download and would just order them. But once a run has been over for a few years and likely won't be repeated, do ROMs typically get released? Also, do homebrew game publishers ever bundle cart & ROM packages to accommodate those who prefer to enjoy the games in both formats?

• Like 1

Anybody tried the Super Chef BT rom? I've tried running it in Nostalgia but I get the following error message:

MemoryBus::LoadROM: Invalid Intellicart ROM file format:

Downloads\roms\BURGERTM2.ROM

Expected 0xA8, got 0x41

Needless to say, I have no idea what it means.

run it in jzintv

Using a hex editor change the very first byte of the ROM file from from 0x41 to 0xA8. The game still doesn't work in Nostalgia (crashes out after the green Mattel game splash screen) but it'll then work in Bliss.

i personally like jzintv. Never had a rom not work. Tons dont work in nostalgia and bliss for me
  • Like 2

Agreed! Some people just don't like the command line for some reason :ponder: ;). I've never investigated the GUI solution(s) to jzintv so I can't recommend them from personal experience.

the gui version is available at intellivision.us. I also got dave to post the name of the ms program you have to install to get it to work.
  • Like 2

I've been wondering about this, actually. I'm much appreciative of Intelligentvision offering so many downloads, but will the games released more recently ever come out as ROM downloads or purchases (Super Pro Tennis, Super NFL Football, Spina, Space Patrol, etc.)? If they're still being sold by the publisher, I wouldn't expect to find a free download and would just order them. But once a run has been over for a few years and likely won't be repeated, do ROMs typically get released? Also, do homebrew game publishers ever bundle cart & ROM packages to accommodate those who prefer to enjoy the games in both formats?

I've wondered this also, as I missed out on some games that I'd really want. Maybe we can entice him to release them at some point? I can hope.

• 2 years later...