IGNORED

Spectpon.... S.P.E.C.T.P.O.N. really ? Is it a new CV game ? hum...

scalpel

Just wanted to test today a cart I didn't know the game with my Atari 2600... cause I was sure it was an Atari 2600 game but I WAS WRONG !

This game is a Colecovision game but the name is so weird : Spectpon.... The 2 labels on the cart said Spectpon... is it Spectron ? Another game ?

What's wrong with this cart ? It doesn't look like the Spectron we know. So, what is it ? Guess ;)

post-32817-0-56850500-1412415639_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-53081400-1412415656_thumb.jpg

I think scalpel wants us to try to guess the game inside, the clue is that isn't Spectron, so based on cover artwork I suppose it's Moonsweeper.

Pretty cool anyways! :)

Hey scalpel, any more info about this game origin? box? manual? I'm sure NIAD could use also some info.

• Like 1

I think scalpel wants us to try to guess the game inside, the clue is that isn't Spectron, so based on cover artwork I suppose it's Moonsweeper.

Pretty cool anyways! :)

Hey scalpel, any more info about this game origin? box? manual? I'm sure NIAD could use also some info.

Yes, I wanted to try to guess the game inside ^^

Actually, it's Spectron.

I don't have the box or manual :( I found this cart with other CV and Atari games I bought to a guy last year, I never tested before today.

If NIAD could help us to have more information, it could be great. But I think Pixelboy is right :)

Here pictures took from the cart.

post-32817-0-34048700-1412428410_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-54290700-1412428411_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I've never seen a cart shell like this for the CV, but I would have to think (like Pixelboy) that it's a Taiwan Cooper bootleg or possibly a German bootleg by Hot Shot. What's odd is that the shell looks like it's rectangular and does not have the normal CV cart shape... from what I can see from the pics provided.

I've never seen a cart shell like this for the CV, but I would have to think (like Pixelboy) that it's a Taiwan Cooper bootleg or possibly a German bootleg by Hot Shot. What's odd is that the shell looks like it's rectangular and does not have the normal CV cart shape... from what I can see from the pics provided.

Looks more like an Argentina or Brazil release

I've seen some of these carts , I know two guys here who have some of these

Some carts even have two games on it (using DIP switches)

Edited by retroillucid

Not used to seeing such nicely labeled carts for South America, but then again, anything is possibly especially with these bootlegs.

This Spectpon cart looks more like the quality of this ?? German ?? bootleg and the cart shell looks similar...

post-25956-0-30450300-1412477963_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-27659600-1412477971_thumb.jpg

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1