IGNORED

What 2600 games are you playing right now?

24Fanatic365

Visiting my old friend Defender lately. Oh and big props to jaybird3rd for the fact that 2600 Defender was on a stamp! I never knew that before making my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSnLIpP0xK0

This just makes me weep. I will never, ever play this game again after having played Defender Arcade. :)

I've had Stratogems Deluxe for a couple of years now...but just tried it for the first time last night. Amazing! I wasn't sure about the AtariVox elements at first, but it really grew on me throughout the game. And I love the shout-out to "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" in the intro!

Edited by davidcalgary29

• 3 weeks later...

Activision games for the 2016 Activision Patches Summer Quest Contest - Second Edition.

(Chopper Command, Dolphin, Freeway, Frostbite, H.E.R.O., Megamania, River Raid, Seaquest etc.)

By the way, this contest is in progress and will end on September 5th, 2016. Join us in the following URL:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253779-the-2016-activision-patches-summer-quest/

I've been playing some Joust relatively recently from time to time. I hadn't really played Joust before and I feel there's one simple fix they could make.

There are 2 game variations: normal and easy, but easy only has 1 enemy every round and that is too boring/lacking in variety. But normal is too difficult for me as a newbie when I keep missing the eggs all the time and they hatch into more enemies and then the Pteranodon comes up. The difficulty switches do not affect the game at all.

I feel like they could make it such that a difficulty switch made it such that there wouldn't be the Pteranodon (maybe except for the special Pteranodon stages). I understand that in the arcade versions, they don't want people racking up points by exploiting the system and never progressing, but not catching the eggs all the time is bad enough as a newbie and then I also need to get killed by the Pteranodon. I think this simple fix would have made this game very newbie-friendly and enjoyable to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Variety of 2600 games for Summer Contests at HighScore.com - the prize for the winner on Atari Category will be an Edladdin Controller Super 78, for use on Atari 7800 Prosystem Console. I'm currently on the 1st place (I cracked until now 20 worldwide trophies).

Berzerk, Asteroids, Bumper 'N' Jump, Bumper Bash, Conquest of Mars, The Earth Dies Screaming, Galaxian Arcade, Pengo, Planet Raid and Space Invaders.

Lots and lots of Activision games. Trying to get as many patches as I can before this ends in September: The 2016 Activision Patches Summer Quest.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?/topic/253779-The-2016-Activision-Patches-Summer-Quest%2E&share_tid=253779&share_fid=4675&share_type=t . It's tons of fun!

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Sinistar, Space Treat Deluxe and Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em, more games for Summer Contests at HighScore.com

More 2 videos on YouTube:

Also, a gameplay video of Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em attached directly here on WMV format (just because this is an ADULT game)!

oyamafamily in Beat Em and Eat Em 101 points Difficulty BB.wmv

Edited by oyamafamily

I been playing Astroblast on the 7800, plays much better wilt Paddles

You can get a replacement power cable on Amazon for about $8.50 shipped. Then your console won't feel lonely! Lol!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MHRESW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=atariage&linkId=af8e097015972e8843b6ef51117c90c4

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Now it's like $20 ..There's no more for $8.50, I have to get one for my Vader & my Jr.

• Like 1

I been playing Astroblast on the 7800, plays much better wilt Paddles

Now it's like $20 ..There's no more for $8.50, I have to get one for my Vader & my Jr.

Nice! I forgot this game accepts Paddle Controllers. May need to fire it up tonight. :thumbsup: