IGNORED

Spreadsheet of 165+ 8bit Multiplatform Ports: Help Wanted

Rhomaios

For a long while now I've had this project on the backburner, and now I think I want to "crowdsource" the rest of it. I've been gathering a mega-list of every significant 8-bit multiplatform port on every console and significant computer. Ultimately, I wanted the list to encompass damn near everything except emulation, and so I turn to AtariAge (and others!) to help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ohkStzRN5MvEGs5C5BbSJsHqPt1wi6rIfZpzkKUu7JM/edit?usp=sharing

I currently have 166 up spanning all the major consoles and major computers. I'd like to expand the number of titles on this list first and foremost and to eventually link back to something: Youtube gameplay, GameFAQs entries, something else (I started linking Atari titles to AtariAge).
Most of these games are checked, but not all, especially on systems I'm not too familiar with, such as the Spectrum, PC-8801, and Amstrad CPC. Also, I'm sure I missed some regional releases, and I didn't mark them as such, except for unlicensed games (U) under the Famicom/NES column. Eventually, I'd like to be more specific with region.
I also am lacking a ton of homebrew ports that I'm sure are out there but just that I am unaware of them or haven't added them yet.
Finally, if there are any games that I ought to add to the list, please suggest away. I'd love to start filling this out majorly. I've geared it more toward the 2600 as a base, more toward the early 80s rather than the late 80s/90s, and more toward arcade action titles than computer adventure titles. However, this isn't a rule or anything, and so computer games or late 80s games are definitely wanted as well.
Any suggestions, comments, critiques, fact-checking, etc. is more than welcome.
Quick notes: HB = homebrew, PMC = Pac-Man Collection, U = unlicensed

I love stuff like this. Playing all of th different multi-ports of games is on of my favorite parts of this hobby. I also suggest to include the IBM PC (a.k.a. PC Booter) and ZX Spectrum. A large amount of classic games were ported to both platforms. The Oddyssey 2 didn't have a lot of ports but there are a handful. If you wanted to include 8-bit handhelds then the Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Lynx and Game Gear would be great additions as well.

Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom is also on the MSX, TI99/4A, SG-1000 (Zoom 909), IBM PC, ZX Spectrum.

Burgertime is also on Atari 5200 as a HB (Burger Drop), 7800 (Burger Drop), Atari 800 (Burger Drop), MSX, TI99/4A, Sharp X1 and IBM PC.

Choplifter: Sharp X1, PC-88, FM-7.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

These just off the top of my head:

Sky Kid was on the Famicom/NES and Super Cassette Vision.

Galactic Invasion (Galaxian), on Astrocade.

Muncher (Pac-Man), on Astrocade.

Astro Battle (Space Invaders), on Astrocade.

Dig Dug was also on the Atari 5200

Good job finding the other ones for SCV, those can be hard to spot since they are rare. :)

Thanks and added!

Good job finding the other ones for SCV, those can be hard to spot since they are rare. :)

Not just rare to find (I only have purchased 3 for a decent price), but rare online as well. I see almost no information about it anywhere on the internet. I might have to learn Japanese to get the good stuff. Til then, my paltry collection and limited knowledge of the small library must suffice.