IGNORED

Action Biker glitch

TMR

Has anyone ever fixed the scrolling glitch at the bottom of Action Biker's play area? Because i haven't properly tested it past collecting a couple of items as such, bu-ut...

Action Biker (fixed).zip

(i'll be stunned if nobody has done this before to be honest, because it is essentially just changing one byte in the display list... but if there isn't already a version out there it exists now. =-)

• Like 4

I think the jumping Scanline was the c64 code....

i'm not totally sure but don't think so, it uses LMS-powered scrolling rather than C64-style dumping of map data so that bit appears to have been completely rewritten for the A8 (which was a surprise, i'd have just yanked the original engine and removed the colour scroll personally). My money says it was the same coder on both and he was a C64 bunny so didn't know/have time to find out that the display list could mask off the bottom of the play area for him.

i'm not totally sure but don't think so, it uses LMS-powered scrolling rather than C64-style dumping of map data so that bit appears to have been completely rewritten for the A8 (which was a surprise, i'd have just yanked the original engine and removed the colour scroll personally). My money says it was the same coder on both and he was a C64 bunny so didn't know/have time to find out that the display list could mask off the bottom of the play area for him.

That's what I ment.... ;) I guess he was not familiar with how to setup display list properly... as on C64 you would setup a IRQ... and he could not setup DLI as it would move up, too. ;)

That's what I ment.... ;) I guess he was not familiar with how to setup display list properly... as on C64 you would setup a IRQ... and he could not setup DLI as it would move up, too. ;)

i think he's masking it with hardware sprites on the C64, so not sure why he didn't just do that with players on the A8... but the easiest way to use a C64-style approach is to trigger a DLI on the character line above where the split is and just WSYNC down to the right scanline (which can easily be calculated from the current Y scroll position). =-)