IGNORED

All Jaguar stuff from UK magazines, Lost Dragon

high voltage

I'd take that claim of Aladdin with a healthy dose of salt if i were you, same magazine claimed Lynx Cal.Games II was 60% complete or so i've read.Epyx guy i spoke to said it was never started and screens i've seen used in Lost games threads have DOS Highway on them.

Anywho, posted that for a bit more of UK press coverage at the time.

The GMS Star Letter to show it was 'known' at the time what had happened to Jaguar Freelancer 2100 (i also had developer answer the question in Ult.Future Games, around same time period).

And Creature shock- well point was made it must have been started as it appeared in magazines.err, no....PC/3DO shots probably used as placement shots. nothing else.Ditto some of the Demolition Man shots.

Last few scans i'm going to forward should be up soon.

:-) Ahh well, so there's 2 people at least who got something from these scans.

Hey, with me its 3 people, hehe. I really appreciate you and high voltage uploading all this stuff, Lost Dragon.

Funny they used a picture of Capcoms Aladdin, instead of Virgins. I love the Sega Genesis Aladdin, so a Jaguar port would have been awesome for me. And Kasumi Ninja was looking like a high end version of the C64 Karate games, at that point, hehe.

Lost Dragon, did you ever hear back in the day, about a platform game based on Pong for the Jaguar. I read about it on an american mag called "Videogames". I posted about it here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/221374-pong-2000/?hl=%2Batari+%2Bjaguar+%2Bpong&do=findComment&comment=2915731

The whole thing kinda reads like a joke, hehe.

• Like 1

No, never heard of either the claim of Jaguar Pong or the video game mag the claim appeared in, so huge thanks for sharing. So much USA based press i've missed over the years.

As i said earlier in another Jaguar thread, UK press over the years has made a lot of claims that were either corrected by readers or by Atari UK, or has been 'proven' to be little more than proposed game ideas that never even got off the ground, coding wise, but there is still so much left to uncover, in terms of just where the information came from.
I've tracked down a few sources that should know, but have hit dead ends on several.Emails not replied too, or it's been so long people have simply forgotten or as people in question are freelancing, time you reach where you think they were working, they've since moved on.
Not giving up the search just yet.