IGNORED

and UK C&VG Jaguar software round-up, EA does Jag stuff, by Lost Dragon

high voltage

that's a cool idea (in regard to AVP2), to have multiple Jaguars linked up and using the VR headsets as displays for each of the players. Had the Jaguar and the VR device gotten off the ground it would've been pretty exciting concept.

& I like how they casually drop in a note about the relative certainty of Daytona USA on the Jaguar :lol:

:-) What would be ideal now is for someone to contact an ex-Beyond Games coder (or 1 step forward) and find out if they were in talks with Atari for AVP II and IF so, wether any of the concepts mentioned by Darryl Still were looked at as being a key part of the game design.

As for Jaguar handling Daytona USA..optimism is a wonderful thing, but having anything bearing the Daytona USA name on the Jaguar and trying to replicate the coin-op would of only seen the hardware's reputation tarnished even further by UK press.

Bad enough we saw Atari trying to replicate Virtua Racing and Virtua Fighter on Jaguar (and look at harm it's done to machines image), but Daytona USA....

I shudder to think how bad that would of been.

Excuse my ignorance, but why was Atari looking for someone to work on AVP2?, werent Rebellion the developers in charge of the AVP franchise?, or were AVP2 and AVP CD diferent projects?. I have read about AVP CD and know that Rebellion were behind it, but never heard anything about AVP2.

Edited by sd32

This is pure guess work, but......

I'd hazzard a guess when the licensce for AVP is aquired, it's based on a 1-game only contract (costs would go up if you wanted to do a series of games based on it or maybe the clause is only for a set time period?, i don't know).
I only say this as whilst Rebellion did PC AVP, the sequel went to Monolith Games (who did a superb job technically, but not so great on the Alien behaviour A.I, sadly).
Plus Rebellion were a small studio, already working on Skyhammer and Legions Of The Undead, so maybe they simply did'nt have the resources to take on any more projects, let alone AVP 2 on Jaguar?
AVP (2010) edition on PS3/360/PC was a huge seller for Rebellion, lot of talk about them doing a sequel, never heard anything since...