IGNORED

Colecovision Zone collection for sale

Colecovision Zone

After collecting video games for over twelve years and concentrating my collection on Colecovision for the last 8 years, I have decided to sell it all off. My passion is not there anymore and finding new items is becoming almost impossible. So, I’m giving you the opportunity to find rare items coming from my collection.

I have decided to sell my Coleco collection that included over 200 boxed games, brand new console and accessories, labels variation, prototypes, internal documents, press kits, and even my website. As an avid collector, my items are in near mint to mint condition. I took cares of them and put them in plastic case when it is possible. You have a chance to buy unique piece of history by contacting me directly.

How to proceed?

You can find an Excel file with my inventory attached to this message. The photos of my games are available on Facebook (at Colecovision Zone) and on Flickr (search for photos by Colecovisionzone). Take your time. It’s not first come first serve. Send me your offer at junior@colecovisionzone.com with the list of the games you are interested by and the amount your want to pay. I’ll answer all the emails on November 2nd starting with the highest offer. The more your offer, the better your chance is to be on top of my list.

What price I do want for my games? I want a fair price compared to what I can get on ebay minus 5-10%. You have the opportunity to get games from a collector who takes meticulous care of all the items as you do with your collection. If you really want something send me an offer than I can’t refuse.

I’ll accept payment with Paypal but I’ll ask you to pay the fees. It will cost me too much to accept all the fees.

I’ll ship games anywhere as long as you accept to pay the services with tracking number. I suppose if you can pay for items that worth hundreds of dollars, you can pay an extra $10 or $20 to track it. Last thing, I live in Canada and Canada post is more expensive than USPS. Don’t think I pay the price written of the stamp. There are provincial taxes, federal taxes and fuel overcharges that are not included on it. I will not make profit on shipping and I’ll refund the amount if I charge too much. I may need to buy big boxes of more protective stuff to be sure that you will get the games in perfect condition. I’ll let you know if it’s the case.

If you prefer to pick up the games, I’ll be happy to meet you. In that case, I’ll accept cash instead of Paypal payment.

I hope that I am clear. If you want more photos or more details, I’ll do my best to satisfy you.

Thank you.

Junior

Very sorry to see you selling off your collection and website seeing as you have done so much for the CV Community over the years and the website has been a tremendous informational tool. With that being said, I understand completely having sold off my CV&ADAM collection once before only to get drawn back in and start over five years ago.

I hope you do VERY WELL for yourself with the sale and Thank You, or should I say.... CHEERS!

• Like 1

Would love to hear more about the trip to the Coleco Building... Any pictures you could share...

There's a thead dedicated to this trip but it must be burried under a piles of threads here in the CV section after these years

I'll try to find it

EDIT: looks like it was easier than I though

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/185962-a-trip-to-coleco-montreal-canada/?hl=%2Bcoleco+%2Bmontreal&do=findComment&comment=2352070

Edited by retroillucid

There's a thead dedicated to this trip but it must be burried under a piles of threads here in the CV section after these years

I'll try to find it

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/185962-a-trip-to-coleco-montreal-canada/?hl=%2Bcoleco+%2Bmontreal&do=findComment&comment=2352070

Sweet... Thank you!

I'll try to find it

Wow, those stairs in the building are awesome. Was the picture of the Coleco items behind the display glass still there, or was that an old pic from the 80's?

Wow, those stairs in the building are awesome. Was the picture of the Coleco items behind the display glass still there, or was that an old pic from the 80's?

It's still there

They dedicated a very small glass display for Coleco items

Toby and I are planning to re-visit the Coleco Montreal building

This time, I'm going to shoot a video of the whole place and will take alot more pictures

Edited by retroillucid

It's still there

They dedicated a very small glass display for Coleco items

Toby and I are planning to re-visit the Coleco Montreal building

This time, I'm going to shoot a video of the whole place and will take alot more pictures

When would that be, would u need some extra camera crew...? Ask Toby to talk John into going as well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got nothing from the original private bidding. I put in a lot of bids and at very reasonable prices. Junior then emailed me to say I was one of the high bidders and he would contact me again soon. Never heard back from him and had to email him to ask, only to be told that he was negotiating with someone else and that my bids were too low. Junior was not interested in negotiating with me. To be honest I was rather angry at the poor way Junior handled this without even an apology.

I picked up one item that he listed on eBay (one I had privately bid for and yet it was still put up on eBay). I ended up paying close to my private bid.