IGNORED

Famicom cart bootlegs of FDS games?

Drixxel

Anyone ever come across bootleg Famicom carts of games that were FDS exclusives? The reason I ask is I stumbled on a bootleg cartridge of Exciting Basket at a flea market and it's... kind of peculiar. Stating-the-obvious historical supposition: While the game was released outside Japan on cartridge as Double Dribble, from what I've determined the Japanese version is disk system and disk system alone, and there are a number of content differences between Exciting Basket and Double Dribble, namely the presence of bumpin' Konami FDS music during gameplay and the absence of those dramatic cutaway shots that accompany dunks. With that in mind, I was fully expecting this bootleg Famicom cart to contain Double Dribble, but no, it's Exciting Basket through and through. Exciting Basket's stylized katakana logo at the title screen, music during gameplay (obviously NES rather than FDS flavoured), no dunk cutaways. I can take some photos and gameplay capture if anyone's interested.

Maybe this is super common and I've been happily oblivious all this time, but does anyone know of any other FDS games that were given a cartridge conversion courtesy of bootleggers? If so, please share, I'd be fascinated to know what games have received this treatment.

Here's a lil' video side-by-side of Exciting Basket and Double Dribble:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQz4hYylZDY

• 2 weeks later...