IGNORED

INTV flashback 60 games or 61

metzger130

I was looking at getting a flashback as some of the games on it I do not have and probably will never own, plus it will be great to take on a trip since I only have the small console for many games, probably get the coleco for the same reason. My question is, is the 61st game worth trying to find? I know it's only at Dollar general and i have a 20% off coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond, you know he ones that come in he mail all the time, that i could use on the system with 60 games. Is it really worth trying to find the one with 61 games as compared to 60 games and 20% off? keep in mind I will probably be the only one playing this system and OCCASIONALLY, I might have someone over that would play but my fiance won't play and neither will her daughter, so it will be me mostly.

The 61st game is the original two-player baseball game, so with World Championship Baseball already included on the standard edition, I'd take the 20 percent deal at BB&B for sure. The Sam's Club edition, which will have the bonus overlays, is the only special edition worth getting IMO. Personally, I think baseball was a poor choice for the bonus game.

Like mentioned above, the extra game is the original 2-player baseball. In your circumstances, I'd go for the discount.

Now, that said, my heart holds a much, much more dear place for the original two-player baseball. That's the one we got along w/ the system for Christmas back in 1980, and played endlessly. Pure nostalgia -- of course products like these bank on that. World Championship Baseball is great, too, but it's just ever so slightly different -- and it's not the game I played for hours and hours with family and friends. Like I said... it's the nostalgia of it.

If / when the DG version comes out, I'll let AtGames and Intellivision Productions sucker me out of another $40 or whatever just for that extra game.

• Like 2

Vistied a lot of Family Generals around here looking for the special edition. Eventually gave up and got the standard edition. Glad I did. Love it. :D

Great to hear!

Regarding your search... I guess after the merger between Family Dollar and Dollar General, they had to come up with some new name. The other half of the stores are now Dollar Dollar. ;)

Yeah, I agree it's frustrating to be thwarted in our efforts to get the 61-game version. Just take my money already!

• Like 1

The 61st game is the original two-player baseball game, so with World Championship Baseball already included on the standard edition, I'd take the 20 percent deal at BB&B for sure. The Sam's Club edition, which will have the bonus overlays, is the only special edition worth getting IMO. Personally, I think baseball was a poor choice for the bonus game.

I am not so sure that the Sam's club is a better option either. Looks like Intellivision Lives is planning to release an overlay set for all games in the Flashback. (Look at the right hand column a little bit down).

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/

Edited by SoulBuster

Trips to places like Dollar General and Family Dollar are always interesting to say the least. I feel your pain Loon!

I'm still in the hunt for a portable Genny, so duck into them once in a while. Really have to go out of my way though and I'm about to call it quits soon and buy online. Feel funny walking into those places, looking for such things. Certainly don't need (nor do I normally buy) 99% of the garbage found in those stores. :lol: