IGNORED

Burger Time World Tour disappears from Web. Where to get a copy?

FlightSuit

I am so bummed: Months ago I fell in love with this modern interpretation of Burger Time when I played it via the OnLive service. Then, one day, it disappeared, and OnLive support couldn't tell me anything, other than that it would not be back.

Fast forward to today, and I finally have a new iMac with beefy enough specs that I can play the game without needing OnLive's servers to process the graphics in the cloud.

So, I start Googling in the hope that I can purchase the game and download it. Much to my chagrin, I've learned that the licensing agreement the publisher had has expired. Therefore, the game can't be downloaded from the publisher or any reputable source. And even the non-reputable sources don't seem to have it.

Buying a used copy for Xbox 360 or PS3 is not an option, 'cause I don't have either of those consoles; I need a copy for Mac or Windows. If anybody knows how to find this game, please tell me.

Thanks!

This one?http://www.burgertimeworldtour.com/ if so it says you can download For Wii Ware,Xbox Live and or the PlayStation Network

That is the game I'm looking for, but, sadly, I don't believe that info is still current. I don't have any of those consoles, but I suspect that if I did try downloading the game via any of those services, I would find that it's no longer available.

• 2 months later...

But, ethics aside, the Wiiware version is garbage. Severely gimped because of Nintendo's download size limit. From the nintendolife review:

"But perhaps the game's biggest flaw is the amount of content that had to be cut to get it on WiiWare. So much has been left out it probably would've been better to release it as a retail title instead, perhaps with additional content. Some of it is minor, like the removal of all cutscenes — it's not like the story is the biggest selling point anyway — but there are also some major omissions like the complete and utter lack of different environments. This title is called World Tour for a reason. Peter is supposed to (and does, in the other versions) travel around the world, resulting in levels set in various locations. The WiiWare version only keeps one environment, which is probably the one that has the least to do with burgers — outer space. While other versions also had 10 levels per world (with the last one being a boss), this only has four worlds with five levels each, of which only the very last one is a boss. Not that the boss is much different from the rest of the game, you still just make burgers, but the only difference is you'll have to watch the background to avoid his attacks. The two-player mode has also been removed, and although it wasn't even that substantial, it's still another mark against this edition."

This is why piracy can be a good thing sometimes. Mark my words, this gen, last gen, and all future gens ... thousands of pieces of software will disappear when their online services are cut. I really hope you find a copy, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't released on disc. I love burgertime, and the modern version was a nice iteration.