IGNORED

Well No questions here, just an observation.

firepod

Well, where do I begin? I started learning some basic this evening and one thing I never knew before and do now is the Internal line numbering using NUM. I am having fun, I like my lines to increment by 5 right now so I do NUM 10,5 HAHAH.

This is to much fun:)

I have not learned that command yet. I was messing with Call sound and was looking at how you can only call up 3 different sounds with it, but if you put the same frequency number in different variables, you can call those three more than once lol, so a good night for learning the basics, can't believe how much fun the Ti Basic language is, I do recall it being fun years ago but not this fun lol.

• Like 2

I have not learned that command yet. I was messing with Call sound and was looking at how you can only call up 3 different sounds with it, but if you put the same frequency number in different variables, you can call those three more than once lol, so a good night for learning the basics, can't believe how much fun the Ti Basic language is, I do recall it being fun years ago but not this fun lol.

If you mix the right two sounds together you can even get the TI to generate the dual tones necessary to represent each number on a telephone. You can then use the TI to dial a telephone... no modem necessary... just a speaker.

Yeah, it was lot of fun in my youth, but I no longer have that much time to devote to the joy of experimentation and sheer fun I used to.

• Like 1

Knock yourself out-you can actually get four tones if you count the noise generator, messing about with for next loops for the frequency and tone values usually gives you some interesting results.

• Like 1

True AM1933, right after I posted that I read about the noise Generator and I believe the book listed the value range as -1 to -8. I did play around with the noise generator a bit as well. though I probably didn't do as much as I could of, like I couldn't hear the noise generator over all the other notes, I should of adjusted the volume levels better because i think I could of made some unique noises with the noise gen added to those other notes. I do like how it uses frequencies that I understand since I play guitar and know the frequency of each string on my 6 and 7 string.

I want to add some thoughts while reading the Beginners book. It's very well written from my point of view, I do think the "Let" command is not really needed, I won't use it, since One can apply a variable without it just the same. Maybe I am missing something being a newb at it, but it just seems like one of those statements you can forget about and never use.

Edited by firepod
  • Like 1

The book Being to Basic's I think has an error in chapter 2 or I am mistaken or color blind though I am not Color blind haha. So it says:

Up to now, you've seen only three colors in BASIC on your display screen. (Maybe
you've only noticed two - but there really are three.) First, while you're entering a program,
the screen background is cyan (a light blue color), and the characters (letters and numbers) that
you're typing are black. Then, while the program is running, the screen becomes a light green
color. When the program stops, the screen returns to cyan with black characters.
The characters I type in are white
oh, I just noticed on Youtube that the Ti is black when typing so hahah I am of course using the Emulator Classic99 with Extended so that is why, when I switch to TI Basic In Classic99 it's black, I think i'll stick with the Basic in Classic while I do this book, would hate to have another one of those "huh moments" when in reality it's because I am using an extension:)
Edited by firepod