• 4,398 posts

Posted Thu May 9, 2019 11:35 AM

now available: https://www.arcadesh...ion/p/138280515

#477 Stuart OFFLINE  

Stuart

Dragonstomper

• 881 posts

Posted Thu May 9, 2019 4:04 PM

So what is it you're supplying? If its a FinalGROM99 board then no problem. If its a bank-switched cartridge then the EPROM images for those are the old version that support the Lantronix only and which don't contain the latest updates.

Sorry if that's not clear from my website. I'm tempted to just remove all the band-switched cartridge / Lantronix versions and just support the TIPI version from now on.

#478 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,398 posts

Posted Thu May 9, 2019 5:09 PM

So what is it you're supplying? If its a FinalGROM99 board then no problem. If its a bank-switched cartridge then the EPROM images for those are the old version that support the Lantronix only and which don't contain the latest updates.

Sorry if that's not clear from my website. I'm tempted to just remove all the band-switched cartridge / Lantronix versions and just support the TIPI version from now on.

the bin for the finalgrom should work fine on a red cart board.. or ubergrom.. I assume   am I assuming wrong?  it's not just a 32k rom file?

#479 Stuart OFFLINE  

Stuart

Dragonstomper

• 881 posts

Posted Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 AM

the bin for the finalgrom should work fine on a red cart board.. or ubergrom.. I assume   am I assuming wrong?  it's not just a 32k rom file?

Maybe it is. I give an E/A5 image to Tim W who uses some utility to produce the FinalGROM bin. Looking closely at the bin file now, I can see it has a cartridge header and what may be bank-switched 'unpacking' code - added by that utility. So maybe it will work on a red cart board ... are you able to try it to be sure?

#480 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,318 posts

Posted Fri May 10, 2019 7:03 AM

Any FinalGROM image should work on Red Boards, UberGROMs, and even Yellow Boards without modification. If you run it through one of the bank inversion tools, it will also work on the 64K Guidry Boards or the 128K Black Boards.

#481 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,398 posts

Posted Fri May 10, 2019 7:40 AM

Maybe it is. I give an E/A5 image to Tim W who uses some utility to produce the FinalGROM bin. Looking closely at the bin file now, I can see it has a cartridge header and what may be bank-switched 'unpacking' code - added by that utility. So maybe it will work on a red cart board ... are you able to try it to be sure?

That's definitely a non inverted cart binary. I'll burn one this weekend

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TI-99/4A, SOFTWARE, INTERNET

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users