It should be pi/raspberry unless it was changed

#977 Byte Knight OFFLINE  

Byte Knight

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,139 posts
  • Intellivision / Apple II

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 PM

Hrm, I have an Ultimate conversion done by ByteKnight, but just ran in to a problem - it boots to the "Raspberry Pi Intellivision System - Computer now booting" (in lovely Intellivision font) splash screen, then goes to an all-black screen.  I've connected it to an external keyboard, and trying Ctrl-Alt-F2-F8 doesn't get me to any usable text console, only C-A-F2 brings up "map: vt02 => fb0" with a blinking cursor, but it doesn't accept any inputs.

PM sent!

#978 CharonPDX OFFLINE  

CharonPDX

Chopper Commander

• 176 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 PM

Looks like it was the SD card/boot image.  Swapped SD card with one from my other UltimateFB, and it boots fine. I'll re-write the bad SD and see if it works. If not, a new SD should set it right.

Although, it's going back to "configure your game pad", and I can't figure out how to configure it - it asks for more buttons than the Inty controller has, and quitting the configure just drops to command prompt...

Edited by CharonPDX, Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:14 PM.

#979 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

River Patroller

• 2,011 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:42 PM

Looks like it was the SD card/boot image.  Swapped SD card with one from my other UltimateFB, and it boots fine. I'll re-write the bad SD and see if it works. If not, a new SD should set it right.

Although, it's going back to "configure your game pad", and I can't figure out how to configure it - it asks for more buttons than the Inty controller has, and quitting the configure just drops to command prompt...

You don't need to map everything.

Main buttons needed:

D-PAD
Start
Select
A
B

Optionally, you can also do the Left Shoulder and the Right Shoulder buttons.  These will act as Page Up and Page Down for jumping through the long ROM list (not that the Intv rom list is very long).

All others can be skipped and do not need to be mapped to the Inty controller.  When asked to press a button, you can simply press, and hold down, any button that you've already assigned.  After holding it down for a few seconds it will "skip" that button in the mapping process.

#980 CharonPDX OFFLINE  

CharonPDX

Chopper Commander

• 176 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:56 PM

D-oh! Didn't try holding down. Yep, now I'm in, thanks!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users