IGNORED

Finally got a copy of Battlesphere!/Need ideas for expanding my collection

Martianman

Today is a very good day for me as a Jag collector. After many years of waiting and searching, I have finally gotten a copy of Battlesphere. I also found a boxed copy of Zero 5 in a store recently which is incredible because Jaguar games hardly ever turn up in Japan. Anyway, I am planning on expanding my Jaguar CD collection. I've got Battlemorph, Blue Lightning, Vid Grid, Black Ice White Noise, and Iron Soldier 2 already. I'm currently looking into snagging World Tour Racing, Robinson's Requiem, Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Hover Strike, Highlander and Myst. What I'm wondering is are the other games like Primal Rage, Baldies, and Brain Dead 13 worth getting?

Where did you find Zero 5 in Japan? I've seen the occasional Jag item when visiting (I saw an overpriced boxed Japanese Jag with AvP pack-in at Super Potato in Akihabara once), but never the 'rare'(ish) games. Crazy!

There's a store called Mandarake in Fukuoka near where I used to live and they have a ton of old gaming stuff, almost entirely Japanese though. I walked in one day and just happened to see Zero 5 in the display case! It was only 80 bucks too!

Can you let us know what your impression of Battlesphere is, after you've put some serious playtime in it?

A while ago, one of the forum members here started a thread after he had a chance to loan a copy of Battlesphere and didn't seem to be very impressed with it, but while he was some sort of asking and "learning the game" the thread got locked because of trolling and bad moderation imo, so I don't know what his final thought of the game was.

-Baldies, I think that you should buy it as it's cheap and you can have hours and hours of gameplay with it.

-Braindead 13, if you like Dragon's Lair then you'll probably like this one too, it has lot's of different scenes and I had a good time playing through it.

-Primal Rage, I really like the Jaguar version, and while it's not the best conversion it's certainly fast and colorful. I prefer it over the Psx version as that one feels slow and clumsy.

It's expensive though, and use of a Pro Controller is recommended (which is also very expensive).

Edited by Isgoed

considering how retarded jaguar prices have become, you are not nearly going to get "everything else on the system" for the $500-$700 you'd get for a battlesphere original (or even a gold).

For original you'd barely have enough to buy the complete set of Telegames releases off their website, or the complete set of songbird games, or many other scarce homebrew games.

You might get 'all the common retail games.'

And is it just me or did songbird jack up the price of skyhammer by $10 :lol:

Anyway, value of what you can get for it aside, if you don't 'need' the money to buy the other things you want (or you can actually wait a little while to buy them as you have the money to spend, rather than overdrawing your savings account :P ) and you're a fan of the jaguar it's a nice game to have in the collection.

Edited by Willard

considering how retarded jaguar prices have become, you are not nearly going to get "everything else on the system" for the $500-$700 you'd get for a battlesphere original (or even a gold).

For original you'd barely have enough to buy the complete set of Telegames releases off their website, or the complete set of songbird games, or many other scarce homebrew games.

You might get 'all the common retail games.'

And is it just me or did songbird jack up the price of skyhammer by $10 :lol:

Anyway, value of what you can get for it aside, if you don't 'need' the money to buy the other things you want (or you can actually wait a little while to buy them as you have the money to spend, rather than overdrawing your savings account :P ) and you're a fan of the jaguar it's a nice game to have in the collection.

Yeah I generally save up money to expand my collection every year at Christmas. I generally buy a new console but this year I wound up blowing most of my video game money on Battlesphere instead. :lol: