IGNORED

InverseATASCII - Atari 8 Bit Productivity Podcast

Ripdubski

Season 2 Episode 06, The Capital Episode, has been released. It features Atari States & Capitals and Atari European Countries & Capitals. Videos of each are also on the Inverse ATASCII YouTube channel, links in the show notes.

http://inverseatascii.info/2015/11/24/s2e05-atari-capitals-states-european-countries/

Cool - I did not know that Bob Polaro wrote this.

APX also had an Atlas of Canada that quizzes you on Canadian provinces and their capitals. Kevin Savetz uploaded both the program disk and the manual to Archive.org:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/238260-some-apx-software-for-you/?p=3237215

https://archive.org/details/APX20093_Atlas_Of_Canada_Manual

Looking at the screenshots for the U.S. and European versions, the Canadian one looks like as if it was built from the same software engine. Maybe this would be good for a 2-part episode?

I guess had I done my research more thoroughly I would have seen that. Maybe I'll make a mini episode out of it. Thx for the heads up.

Cool - I did not know that Bob Polaro wrote this.

At least the episode has helped educate in some form. Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

I can't listen to the S2E05 US/European States and Capitals episode. My podcast client (Doggcatcher, Android) claims the file is an FLV, and therefore unsupported.

I hand-grabbed the feed XML from http://feeds.feedburner.com/InverseAtascii?format=xml and it seems to look OK. But it appears my podcast client is attempting to fetch the FLV file of the commerical at AtariMania. I even deleted and re-added the feed, but the problem persists.

The issue is likely with my podcast client, though I've used it for years and have never seen this sort of problem before. But I wanted to mention it in case there is some sort of issue with the feed.

(The Canadian sequel episode downloads and plays just fine).

Update: I worked around the problem by listening to the episode straight off the Inverse ATASCII webpage. Thanks!

Edited by FifthPlayer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3396?

I'm not sure, but it is not coming through in my feed either. I checked the RSS feed, and its up to date, as is the the syndicator. Maybe something on Apples end that I can't check.

My Firefox browser was adding four random numbers to all my post. I just updated it so hopefully that fixed it.

I guess not.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the Atari Telelink I and II episode. I really liked the Wargames snippets.

I have both the Atari Communicator and the Atari Communicator II kits. I believe that the Tele-link II cart was only available in the Communicator II kit. In the Communicator II kit, there wasn't any box for the cart. It was simply inserted into the packing cardboard inside the box. Here is a pic from the web.

If you haven't already seen it, check out Jason Scott's great BBS documentary.

Regards,

Bill

If I remember correctly, Telelink I was written by R. Scott Scheiman, the same engineer who designed the Atari 850, after it was realized that...while they had working hardware for CES, they did not have any software to show it off. So it was put together in record time, (which is why it's a wee bit light on the features.)

-Thom

• Like 1