IGNORED

Simple 16Mhz booster kits for sale , pre-order

exxosuk

Received thanks Exxos, now I need to fix my blitter upgrade before I fit it.. Might need to quiz you on blitter related fitting stuff at some point, but won't have chance to play for several weeks.

Cool :) What machine are you fitting it in ?

STFM with added blitter, some of the soldering I did was a little dry and I need to reflow it (nasty Maplins solder and no flux) and get that working before I install (it was working for several years but this reared its head a few months back). The machine also has a Marpet memory upgrade (4mb) and an Analogic TOS switcher (so switches between 1.02 and 2.06). The 68k is socketed thankfully so that is not an issue. The machine is my first ST (of a now huge litter) and my baby! :D

Cool, once I've got everything stable I might opt for one of you PSU kits as well, as the ad ons might push the beast over the edge eventually..

I know all about being pushed over the edge :-D

I have started work on a V1.5 design now. Which will be the next model up. Will be some time before those go on sale. Though will be higher priced and need more fitting than the V1. V2 PCB is in production, but that is still under deveopment so probably be months before that goes into production. Due to the 6 layer board it will be a fair bit higher priced. But that's the cost of speed I guess :)

For those who not seen my progress page you can see it here

http://www.exxoshost.co.uk/atari/last/16mhz/index.htm#APR22015

RE: Amiga.

I've got a A500 coming next week to play about with. Basically just going to mash in the V1.5 booster when they arrive. Either 14mhz or 28mhz if it will run at that. I'm not planning on doing anything else with the Amiga. Just as the CPU is the same, then possible the booster will drop right in. If it doesn't mash in easy then I probably just won't bother spending the time on it.

• Like 1