homebrew ninja

222 replies to this topic

#201 BadHornet OFFLINE  

BadHornet

Dragonstomper

• 832 posts

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:29 PM

Very Cool!

Edited by BadHornet, Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:30 PM.

#202 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 35,317 posts

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:16 PM

Wall-Jump-Ninja-box-front.jpg       Wall-Jump-Ninja-box-back.jpg

#203 Hyperboy OFFLINE  

Hyperboy

River Patroller

• 3,421 posts

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:59 PM

My AA cart is lonely and in need of some Ninja love! (Some Zippy and Star Castle would make a great threesome)

Sent from my finger.

#204 Nutsy Doodleheimer OFFLINE  

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Total Retard

• 5,619 posts

Posted Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:28 PM

This is amazing!! Downloaded the rom and played it on my emulator. Super job on this! Very addicting game! :-D

#205 walaber OFFLINE  

walaber

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts

Posted Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:50 AM

Should be available in the store soon!

I took mine into work today and set it up next to my desk, and brought along some other homebrew games too (Flappy always gets a good reaction) :)

CMD9c_hVAAAZizv.jpg

#206 kit kong OFFLINE  

kit kong

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:04 AM

hey! any news on when these carts will be made, this looks to be about the best homebrew 2600 game i have seen, would love to play it on actual hardwear!

also kudos atariage forums for this whole thread, great to see so many people help with input on thiis guys game development!

nice one

=)

#207 K.Michael OFFLINE  

K.Michael

Star Raider

• 90 posts

Posted Tue Sep 8, 2015 11:46 PM

Is there any update on when these new games will be out? I want to order some other stuff and take advantage of combined shipping, but if it is going to be another month or so I will order the other stuff now and this later...

#208 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Stargunner

• 1,375 posts
  • videogamestores.net

Posted Tue Sep 8, 2015 11:59 PM

I think Albert is posting them after the Portland show.

#209 K.Michael OFFLINE  

K.Michael

Star Raider

• 90 posts

Posted Wed Sep 9, 2015 1:37 AM

Ahkay, he had said previously the Classic Gaming Fest, but that would make sense. I don't think an order I'd make in mid-October would arrive before November the 14th, which is when I'd need the other thing by (I live in Australia), so I probably should just order this stuff nowish and the new stuff later on :)

Edited by K.Michael, Wed Sep 9, 2015 1:37 AM.

#210 keilbaca OFFLINE  

keilbaca

Fight like a robot!

• 7,759 posts
  • Berzerk (Atari 2600) champ

Posted Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:03 AM

I was going to pick Crackpots if I win the medal round in the HSC... but I think I just changed my mind.

Superb game! 

#211 funkwad OFFLINE  

funkwad

Star Raider

• 59 posts

Posted Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:05 PM

Saw this at PRGE and it was an impulse buy (when I found out the show was ending for the day in 15 mins).  I saw it on display when I walked by Atariage's booth's and this along with Jump VCS caught my attention.   Albert graciously assisted with the purchase (as I took him out of conversation with another patron) along with a few other carts

This game is one of my favorites.  Kudos to the author. Would have liked to have heard some more Atarivox, but perhaps there's more the farther you get?...here's a video I did via streaming on an RGB modded Vader output to an XRGB Framemeister...

https://youtu.be/M4ozfbcvjo8?t=3m32s

Edited by funkwad, Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:06 PM.

#212 walaber OFFLINE  

walaber

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts

Posted Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:33 PM

Saw this at PRGE and it was an impulse buy (when I found out the show was ending for the day in 15 mins).  I saw it on display when I walked by Atariage's booth's and this along with Jump VCS caught my attention.   Albert graciously assisted with the purchase (as I took him out of conversation with another patron) along with a few other carts

This game is one of my favorites.  Kudos to the author. Would have liked to have heard some more Atarivox, but perhaps there's more the farther you get?...here's a video I did via streaming on an RGB modded Vader output to an XRGB Framemeister...

https://youtu.be/M4ozfbcvjo8?t=3m32s

Sorry about the AtariVox confusion, it's only used for saving high scores for all of the modes, there isn't actually any voice FX.

#213 walaber OFFLINE  

walaber

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts

Posted Tue Dec 1, 2015 12:24 PM

The game is now available in the AtariAge store! If you buy it, let me know what you think!

#214 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,651 posts

Posted Tue Dec 1, 2015 2:41 PM

I played only two games so far and this could be the most addictive of all the games that just came out. Awesome job making this game. Nobody should miss out on buying it.

#215 aceha1 OFFLINE  

aceha1

Space Invader

• 27 posts

Posted Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:36 PM

This is the gold standard of Atari 2600 games. Whenever I assess a game's worth, I think, "How would this game have done during Atari's reighn?"

This, my friend, would have done VERY well indeed.

Kudos to you, sir; this game is AWESOME. Simple, elegant, addictive.

#216 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Cyborg Bounty Hunter

• 18,436 posts
  • It's a secret to everyone...

Posted Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:44 PM

Hey just a heads up, I bought this game and it's amazing, but I'm having trouble with high score saving on my AtariVox. It seems the Vox chirps and doesn't save the high score. Not sure if it's my Vox that's acting up or the game. I speaks properly and recalls my old high scores in other games, but high score saving doesn't seem to work in Wall Jump Ninja.

Don't mean to derail so I made another thread (with video):

http://atariage.com/...all-jump-ninja/

#217 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,685 posts

Posted Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:12 AM

I may be guessing that the Atarivox's memory might be full to record more score.

#218 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Cyborg Bounty Hunter

• 18,436 posts
  • It's a secret to everyone...

Posted Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:21 AM

I may be guessing that the Atarivox's memory might be full to record more score.

That's not how the Vox works. I own maybe a half dozen or so titles that use it. Each released homebrew game get's it's own memory slot and there is a ton of unallocated memory left for future homebrews.

#219 walaber OFFLINE  

walaber

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts

Posted Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:07 PM

BTW there is indeed a bug with the Savekey/AtariVox+ high score saving/loading code.  I'm working on a fix now.

#220 walaber OFFLINE  

walaber

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts

Posted Sun May 8, 2016 5:08 PM

Well it took a while but here is an updated ROM in all 3 formats, this fixes SaveKey issues.  Beware that if you have the 1.0 version, and you play the game on "Hard (no lava", it's possible that the game will overwrite a byte on the saveKey that's reserved for "Assembloids".  The new build resolves the issue and keeps save data in the proper spot for Wall Jump Ninja on the SaveKey  :skull:

Attached File  wall_jump_ninja_20160508_v1_1_NTSC.bin   4KB   232 downloads

Attached File  wall_jump_ninja_20160508_v1_1_PAL.bin   4KB   96 downloads

Attached File  wall_jump_ninja_20160508_v1_1_PAL60.bin   4KB   100 downloads

#221 hizzy OFFLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• 995 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:07 PM

Hi!

Is a box still available for this? :)

Thanks!

#222 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 35,317 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:01 PM

Is a box still available for this? :)

I'm pretty sure I do have some boxes, let me see what I have and I can add them as an option for Wall Jump Ninja.  :) 

..Al

#223 hizzy OFFLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• 995 posts

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:32 PM

I'm pretty sure I do have some boxes, let me see what I have and I can add them as an option for Wall Jump Ninja.  :)

..Al

Thanks, Al!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: homebrew, ninja

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users