IGNORED

Carol vs. The World 2014 Championship

DZ-Jay

Another day. Another christmas. This one didnt go so well. Unfortunately if i lose all my presents in candy cove i have no idea how to get the presents out of both top coves without dying a ton of times while repeatedly getting them taken away from me.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

So... are you hating Candy Cove more than the Snowflake Garden? Personally, I curse the day I designed it, for it is borne of evil!!! :lol:

• Like 1

So... are you hating Candy Cove more than the Snowflake Garden? Personally, I curse the day I designed it, for it is borne of evil!!! :lol:

this is a rare occurance for me. But this was one of those times i lost all my presents. And since i have no clue how to keep the snowmanout. Sometimes i get lucky and i can get all four presents while he is chasing me. I did it on my perfect christms. I couldnt beleve i could zig-zag so much that i was able to pull it off. I actually have been rocking in snowflake garden in the last few games. And i got the trick to work to get the snowman out when i needed my last top present.

Next year i need to do like the ice bucket challenge. I am gonna call out cmart, rev, and intellivisiondude for the christmas carol challenge. I finally made it, where are they at? 3 christmas' have passed without them competing. Intellivisiondude was here for the first one but not the last 2. No more excuses! If they have the balls to accept my challenge they will be here next year.

Edited by pimpmaul69

First game of the day not so good. It is fun having alternating strabismus. Double vision makes things interesting. Sometimes i have to play with one eye closed. This was one of those times. Having had it my whole life at least i only see double vision when i start focusing too hard. I have to do all my reading with one eye closed. Good times. It gets fun having four bad guys chasing the carol twins around. :lol:

post-30773-0-27267300-1419751205_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

First game of the day not so good. It is fun having alternating strabismus. Double vision makes things interesting. Sometimes i have to play with one eye closed. This was one of those times. Having had it my whole life at least i only see double vision when i start focusing too hard. I have to do all my reading with one eye closed. Good times. It gets fun having four bad guys chasing the carol twins around. :lol:

image.jpg

I used to have a pretty bad lazy eye that got worse with stress or lack of sleep. My vision would go double, but most of the time I wouldn't really realize it because my brain would just ignore the input from the lazy one. If someone noticed and mentioned it I'd straighten it back out. I could (and still can) do it on command and my vision doubles, kinda like when you look at your nose or go crosseyed.

A few years ago I had Lasik done for nearsightedness and it pretty much fixed my lazy eye as an added consequence/bonus. Only when I'm extremely tired does it ever rear its ugly head(s) ;-) I went from a correction of around -5.25 diopters to 20/15 vision. Would recommend.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

In my case it isnt exactly a normal lazy eye. One eye supresses the other but both eyes can do it and i can switch them on command. However what happens is they will start switching back and forth rapidly which also gives me an even worse headache than what i live with every day. I do not have stereoscopic vision as a result of having this. (No 3d movies for me. No clue how cool they look) The problem is they do surgery to correct the muscles for exotropia (lazy eye) but in my case it might be harder as it is constant and switches between eyes which may not neccessarily be fixed by repositioning eye muscles. And i dont believe medicaid would cover it as i am on disability. My vision however is really good. I have 20/15 as far as vision goes.

Edited by pimpmaul69

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

In the spirit of the Season, Liduario has so very graciously conceded his ranking to the other participants. He now joins me in the Special Mention Spectators section, and serves as inspiration to all other hard working elves out there. Thank you, Liduario, you have made Santa Claus very proud. :)

This means that the Top Elite Master Elves spot now goes to Grand Master Elf grips03.

Congratulations, grips03!!!

Thanks Liduario you are (literally) the best! Your kindness have inspired me to take the controller and give Carol another go! Cheers my friend!

• Like 4

Only four days left, and the ropes of competition are tightening! We've just experienced the second yellow score of the Season, and a couple of veterans have decided to play for almost every single day of the month! :o

A few acknowledgements are in order:

• First, congratulations to grips03 on that fantastic yellow score!!! You're definitely a qualified challenger for the top stop!
  • Second, Congratulations to Oscar G. for earning the 12 Days Of Christmas Carol (you barely made it, mate!). There was a nasty bug in the leaderboard script that tried to deprive him of this achievement, but it's now been fixed! YAY!
  • Oscar G. also surpassed his previous highest score from years past, and has been awarded The Spirit Of Christmas Past achievement, bringing his total to 29--just one shy of grips03's 30!

I've updated the official leaderboard and the first post with the latest rankings and stats.

• Like 2

Grips ... that's a great score ...please stop improving :P !!!

17,466 ... I wanted an orange score but it was not to be

Finally got some time to play while my wife and kids went out! Still lost lives in silly places.

Also found out that you can't "bank" lives after you hit yellow ... I had 9 lives (and two in reserve) but, after I died, it didn't grant me any more :_(.

post-31049-0-15001300-1419800732_thumb.png

• Like 5

Grips ... that's a great score ...please stop improving :P !!!

17,466 ... I wanted an orange score but it was not to be

Finally got some time to play while my wife and kids went out! Still lost lives in silly places.

Also found out that you can't "bank" lives after you hit yellow ... I had 9 lives (and two in reserve) but, after I died, it didn't grant me any more :_(.

attachicon.gif175.png

Yeah, someone pointed that out to me last year. It never occurred to me while making the game that the extra lives threshold will never get met once it goes over 10K, since the score will always recycle at that point. Oops! Had I thought of it, I would have made it count in some other way. My intention was to always continue granting free lives in perpetuity.

That said, great score, Fushek!

-dZ.

• Like 2

12,339 today.

Has anyone else noticed screen 100, says L10?

Yup. That's a bug, but an inoffensive one. There is special code to handle a three-digit level display, but unfortunately it has an "off-by-one" error, and the tests checks for "greater than 100" instead of "greater than or equal to 100." DOH!

I believe I fixed this in the "PAL recall" version.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

Fuuuu..... I would have had another perfect christmas except in the second krystal keep i was right under the center present which is always my last present and my hand slipped off my nes advantage joystick slingshotting it to the down position which resulting in me dying... I have all the worst luck with things.

post-30773-0-02146600-1419825695_thumb.jpg

In this same game i was a lucky s.o.b. I had to play helper elf from the first snowflake garden to ranger on one life cause i lost 5 of them on candy cove. By some miracle i beat my old high score with only 2 lives on ranger elf.

post-30773-0-17944400-1419827741_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 3

In this same game i was a lucky s.o.b. I had to play helper elf from the first snowflake garden to ranger on one life cause i lost 5 of them on candy cove. By some miracle i beat my old high score with only 2 lives on ranger elf.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Congrats on the new high score. Indeed, I also often beat scores with low life counts. My wife always tells me to keep on playing despite silly mistakes.

• Like 2