IGNORED

New Intellivision owner pal UK :)

vanpeebles

Just got my first Intellivision this week as a little Christmas present for myself. I'm amazed about how much UK based stuff is about. I bought my system with with 9 games included and I have a voicebox on the way too for B-17 :D

Does Truckin' work ok on a pal machine? I don't think it was released over here sadly. It was one of the games I wanted the Intellivision for.

Cheers for the welcome everyone :) So far I've got the following games:

Space Spartans, B17 bomber, Tron Deadly Discs, Armour battle, Demon Attack, Space battle, Burger time, Star Strike, Dungeons and Dragons 1

Most have manuals and at least one overlay. Some have white cart intrays and one has a UK leafet for buying new overlays from mattel uk. 75p for a pair :)

Cheers for the welcome everyone :) So far I've got the following games:

Space Spartans, B17 bomber, Tron Deadly Discs, Armour battle, Demon Attack, Space battle, Burger time, Star Strike, Dungeons and Dragons 1

Most have manuals and at least one overlay. Some have white cart intrays and one has a UK leafet for buying new overlays from mattel uk. 75p for a pair :)

Excellent! That's a good base from which to build a collection - very high ratio of fun games that stand the test of time.

Edited by intvsteve

Is it worth (or easy enough) to do a component mod? I had to use an old video recorder to act as the tuner for the intellivision and even then the picture is pretty ropey.

heres how you fix it. Remember there is a switch for channel 3 and 4 on the bottom of the system. Also for best picture on rf buy a male rca to male coax adapter. They are a few dollars/ pounds for one. Then use a nice quality coax cable to plug into tv. (Do you have coax or bnc??)

I don't remember seeing a switch but I saw something marked SOUND which looked more like an adjustment. I'll have another look tonight.

Do you have a picture of that adapter? :) Just to add, we don't use coax over here, it would be rf to rf, one side has the circle within a circle, the other has male bit with the prongs on the outside. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_aerial_plug#Belling-Lee

Edited by vanpeebles

heres how you fix it. Remember there is a switch for channel 3 and 4 on the bottom of the system. Also for best picture on rf buy a male rca to male coax adapter. They are a few dollars/ pounds for one. Then use a nice quality coax cable to plug into tv. (Do you have coax or bnc??)

If he has a UK console his channels are around 30 - 33.

Edited by Intymike

I don't remember seeing a switch but I saw something marked SOUND which looked more like an adjustment. I'll have another look tonight.

Do you have a picture of that adapter? :) Just to add, we don't use coax over here, it would be rf to rf, one side has the circle within a circle, the other has male bit with the prongs on the outside. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_aerial_plug#Belling-Lee

do you have a thicker more shielded cable you can use? Edited by pimpmaul69

I could try and get a more high quality version. That picture you originally posted, looked like it might of worked if the pointed end went into the intelli and the bnc is on the outside? I'll still have to change it again at the tv end though.

Just to add, the intellivision side is actually a phono socket. So it's phono to male rf.

Edited by vanpeebles

I could try and get a more high quality version. That picture you originally posted, looked like it might of worked if the pointed end went into the intelli and the bnc is on the outside? I'll still have to change it again at the tv end though.

yeah i didnt look at the wikipedia link before posting. I know what you use. They use them in tv tuner cards for the pc. If you werent so far away i could make a perfect one for you. But alas here we are...