IGNORED

BadMooD 'beta' - Doom for Falcon030

dml

I'm probably just an idiot, but I cannot seem to get this to work. I upgraded my 1.7 Doom2.wad file from the original CD to version 1.9 as I see BadMood needs 1.9 wad files.

I launch BadMood and I get all kinds of errors about missing textures. I'm sure its just me missing a step.

Here are a couple of the errors:

Couldn't open bmt2.wad

Error: R_TextureNumForName: SW1BRN not found

Edited by Fletch

Hi,

The beta build is made to work only with Ultimate Doom v1.9 (not Doom2). The error about BMT2.WAD means its trying to run Doom2, and trying to load the BadMooD Doom2 extension data, which does not exist yet.

Have a look in the readmes, or on the main site for more info on setup and the correct WAD files to use. e.g. here:

http://devilsdoorbell.com/setup/

Doom2 support will come later - but for now the game is the Doom1 episodes only.

(when you do obtain the right WAD, please delete the BMC folder cache so it can be recreated cleanly with the new WAD - it should do this itself but I don't trust it 100% yet :-)

Edited by dml

I've had some feedback now that it works for most people who have tried it, although a couple of odd cases remain (one machine hangs early during startup, another hangs at random points ingame - albeit on a machine which had some ongoing DSP issues). Everyone else has been able to get it to run reliably so that's kind of reassuring.

Updates will be posted soon addressing bugs, graphic glitches and improving things...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...