IGNORED

Why We Are Here on AA

First Spear

Honestly I've been here so many years and I barely am even cognizant that there are different forums.. especially since the "View New Content" simply lists all new topics regardless of location.

It's just one big homogenous old console/computer mix. :P

That's how I do most of my looking. Scroll through all of it. That's the beauty of AA... there's nowhere else you need to go.

• Like 1

I can't believe there isn't a dedicated NES forum...

..Al

Probably because this is a ATARIage forum. Nintendo ANYTHING is pretty well covered. And so many new gamers say "Video gaming started with Nintendo".

But what about the age of Atari that came before Nintendo? There most definately was video gaming before Nintendo (way back to Fairchild and Odessey thank you very much.). This web forum seems to pay tribute to all those that came before Nintendo during that "Atari age". And let's be honest, that age of Atari was primarily the time up to the later 80's when Atari was king. :D Jaguar was extremely cool, and so was the Atari ST, but let's face it, Atari was second stringer then.

And with that Intellivision and everything around Atari like Intellivision would fit in just fine here.

Not to say we COULDN'T have a Nintendo dedicated forum. But if you asked me what the priority of Atariage was, I would say the above.

During my childhood i was playing Intellivision and Nintendo at the same time. I had an Intellivision and my friend on the other block had an Nes. He came to stay the night once in a while and some nights it would an Intellivision night and others the Nes. I had the best of both worlds.

One night it was playing Slam Dunk or doing the whole NCAA Tournament in NBA Basketball (no 3 point line in college at the time) and we had the whole bracket drawn on paper and other nights it was creating the Detroit Tigers in Baseball Stars and building the team up.

Some nights it was Burgertime, Shark Shark & He-Man and others it was Mario, Zelda & Contra. etc. etc. etc.

That's how I do most of my looking. Scroll through all of it. That's the beauty of AA... there's nowhere else you need to go.

Same here, I keep the "View New Content" screen open in a tab. Periodically refresh, I'm interested in all of the information that is coming thru all of AAA, not just a select console.

• Like 1

I'm not sure many people know about this, but the Activity tab at the top of the screen will show activity in the forum without having to refresh. It does eventually time out (so as to not waste server resources if someone leaves the tab open indefinitely), but a refresh will get it running again.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-12-11 at 10.07.15 AM.png

..Al

That is so cool!!! Thank you! :)