IGNORED

Finally beat the Turbo Tunnel in Battletoads

mbd30

And I did it in Nestopia Undead Edition using a Logitech Dual Action gamepad. It seems that most games are quite playable in emulation despite the slight lag, even those that require fast reaction times.

The hardest part is the lightning fast walls coming at you at the end. You have to frantically press up and down on the controller like a madman and not miss a beat. It's ridiculous. The rest of the level is easy and sedate by comparison. Admittedly I practiced this one part with a save state, but then I managed to beat the level from the beginning without save states. The exclamation point platforms were also a pain until I figured out where to land on them.

I played the ice stage for awhile, but I just wanted to see if it is possible to beat the Turbo Tunnel using an emulator and without cheating. I'm probably done with it now. This game requires too much memorization for only having three continues.

I recently did this, too. The next level is pretty hard, too.

I obtained a Game Genie for the express purpose of practicing on Battletoads by using level select to "save" my progress and infinite lives. Once I feel like I have it down, I will attempt a complete playthrough.

Oh yeah, I've played the fourth level a few times now, and it's at least as hard as the Turbo Tunnel.

The game constantly throws new dangers at you that require memorization to defeat and only gives you a few continues to do so. That's the recipe for frustration. But it's still fun enough to be addicting despite the difficulty.

I only got through the turbo tunnel once, the problem is like you said, the end where the walls are just constant, and you're literally going through them cause the game simply doesn't react fast enough. It's one of the places that just feels like luck is the only thing getting you through it, instead of skill. (will the game register me missing the wall or not)

Anyhow, if it wasn't for that, I'd love to have put a LOT more time into the game.

I only got through the turbo tunnel once, the problem is like you said, the end where the walls are just constant, and you're literally going through them cause the game simply doesn't react fast enough. It's one of the places that just feels like luck is the only thing getting you through it, instead of skill. (will the game register me missing the wall or not)

Anyhow, if it wasn't for that, I'd love to have put a LOT more time into the game.

I'm at the point where sometimes I can get through the Turbo Tunnel without losing a life and sometimes I keep dying at the walls at the end. The rest of the third level is a piece of cake that only requires some memorization. But you can't depend on memorization for those walls. It's all quick reflexes and luck.