IGNORED

The 2014 AtariAge Holiday Greeting Cart Is Here!

Albert

My copy arrived today. I'm wondering why it took so long. Must be because Oregon is far away from Houston. Anyway, I'm letting the game run its demo and enjoying the music. Am wondering how you got the music to sound like a banjo. I'm guessing something like was used in Pitfall II was used here as well because there's more than 2 channels playing at the same time in the demo.

To the banjo question. Spiceware is blogging about the making of SF2. It is quite interesting as it parallels the development of DPC and DPC+. This was used in Pitfall II for the awesome music (and maybe other things, too). I am anxiously waiting for the next blog post to learn more.

My copy arrived today.

Lucky you! The tracking number for mine shows an ETA of Monday.

I'm wondering why it took so long. Must be because Oregon is far away from Houston.

AtariAge is located in Round Rock, which is part of the Austin metropolitan area. Mine hit the north Houston post office yesterday, still needs to make it to the Fresno post office. Fresno's about 20 miles south of downtown Houston.

Anyway, I'm letting the game run its demo and enjoying the music. Am wondering how you got the music to sound like a banjo. I'm guessing something like was used in Pitfall II was used here as well because there's more than 2 channels playing at the same time in the demo.

I've been blogging about The Story of Stay Frosty 2 and will cover the music in depth at some point, but that's a ways off (last update went thru September 13, 2010. If I recall correctly, the final music driver wasn't written until the end of 2012). The key thing is I'm using DPC+, an enhanced version of the DPC used in Pitfall. One of the enhancements is that DPC+ supports custom 32 byte waveforms, a significant improvement over DPC's square waves.

I am anxiously waiting for the next blog post to learn more.

There won't be an update this weekend, have family in town. We're taking my nephew to the Houston Zoo, twice! Once to see the animals, then back after closing/reopening to see Zoo Lights.

Have a lot going on next week, so I suspect the next blog update will be on the 29th or 30th.

Stay Frosty 2 arrived today and I've been too excited and giddy to put it in the slot. :grin:

I am impressed by the quality of the manual and the whole bundle. I didn't expect a homebrew to be such a production! Thank you, Al and Darrell and everyone associated with making this thing happen.

Why am I still typing?!

I'm trying hard not get wiggy, but is anybody else's order that was shipped on Wednesday still showing a status of "Shipping label created"?

This seems to be the case for many people. Rest assured, that all packages that were shipped were dropped off at the post office by me, so they should all be on the way. Most packages were shipped Wednesday and Thursday, with the last of them going on yesterday. I attribute the lack of tracking number updates on the sheer volume of packages the USPS is dealing with right now. I haven't looked yet to see how many packages have valid tracking data. I wouldn't be overly concerned.

..Al

What is the ETA for restocking of the two new 7800 titles?

I didn't want to order for Xmas since I would not get a chance to play -- so I wanted to give others a chance.

But I do want to get the games since they look really good.

(Plus it will give me a chance to see if there are any other games I need).

Any games good to try to find for "conversion"?

Be happy to seek some for you.

• Any 7800 carts from Atari
  • Any Red Label carts from Atari
  • Any Gray Label carts from Atari. These look like Silver Label carts, but don't have a metal foil label (it's just paper), and will generally be identical to the regular 7800 carts with no dust cover.
  • Any dual-spring dust cover 2600 carts. These have a long, unbroken slot in the dust cover. These are great for 7800 games, since they don't have the large holes in the upper right and left corners of the main label. Here's what that looks like:

daul_spring_cart.jpg

Thanks!

..Al

I have a little nerd rage going right now. Stay Frosty 2 is unplayable for me. I've only made it past the first level once. The snowman slides around way too much compared to the first version. I can't stay on the ledges. I think I have to return this, unless I am doing something wrong.

Did you not try out the demo, first? :?

Nope, bought it on the strength of the original. I didn't know this game existed until a couple weeks ago. The game is just too aggravating. I can't get past level 2. My high score on the original is 56,810. I gotta stop posting or I'll come off as a troll. Sorry for not get along with your game. The presentation is wonderful.

Well every great game has it's nay-sayers. I bought it to without trying the demo. Was too lazy to load it on my Harmony cart.

Hopefully it's as good as everybody says. Waiting for Christmas to open it. Had my mom wrap the entire shipping box unopened, LOL! I also got CIB Byte Before Xmas and KC Munchkin.

IIRC there was a discussion about the sliding during development. Maybe that was even me back then. But the fact that I can't even remember that shows, that it is not an issue for me at all anymore. After a while you get used to it and it feels completely natural to me now.

My tracking number said estimated delivery Saturday December 20th all the way up to this morning before I left for work (December 22nd). Mind you this is 2 day priority mail that was accepted by the post office on the 17th and left the original post office on the 17th. When I get home today, it was in the mailbox. I check the tracking number again and it is out for delivery. The expected delivery date has been changed to Monday December 22nd and it says above that "On Time".

Oh well, that makes it a shorter time to wait until Christmas, so I told my wife to wrap it and put it under the tree. I will have much fun Thursday morning.