IGNORED

Selling homebrews On Ebay :)

CrazyBoss

I see that some sellers are selling Homebrews and passing them off as "Rare" for 3 times the price they sold for. Yes, they are "rare" but paying $150 per game?

That's the unfortunate side to the limited production runs that are made for the new releases and it really has to be this way seeing as the Homebrewers are not big businesses that can afford to produce extra stock just in case someone else wants one in the future. Once the run is sold out, there are no other options to obtain said game(s) unless someone decides to sell their's or as has been the case of late, the Homebrewers decide to make "Waiting Lists" for older releases and produce them in smaller quantities to fill the exact demand.

Check the CollectorVision sub-forum and Team Pixelboy Bulletins for information on what games can still be acquired.

• Like 1

Yeah, well. Imagine for instance though that your favourite childhood show. Lets say Star Trek TOS. Had a brand new episode with all the original cast released today.

The original library was not getting any bigger but people still love the system. Gives you a new reason to pick it up, hook it up and play games you haven't beaten yet. Some games I got so good at that I could never find them challenging again as I know every trick.

I do agree that it would be best if the games continued to be sold at their original price for as long as people are interested. I'll certainly make any I make available for as long as people are interested from me.

I think I'll drop by the Atari age store now and pick up a few items.

If the homebrew is still available for purchase, I disagree. Most of the homebrews sold in the AtariAge Store have been available indefinitely. There have been some exceptions of course, such as Boulder Dash, but anyone selling a 'Rare" homebrew on eBay that is still available to purchase new is being misleading, at best. Once a particular homebrew is no longer available (and especially if there are no plans to make another run), then, yes, that game is certainly "rare" compared to most commercially released games for a system. There are sometimes variations on this, for instance, the first run of the various AtariAge Holiday Greeting Carts have been numbered. Once those are no longer available, those numbered carts are "rare" in that the only way to obtain one would be from someone else.

..Al

• 3 weeks later...

That's the unfortunate side to the limited production runs that are made for the new releases and it really has to be this way seeing as the Homebrewers are not big businesses that can afford to produce extra stock just in case someone else wants one in the future. Once the run is sold out, there are no other options to obtain said game(s) unless someone decides to sell their's or as has been the case of late, the Homebrewers decide to make "Waiting Lists" for older releases and produce them in smaller quantities to fill the exact demand.

Check the CollectorVision sub-forum and Team Pixelboy Bulletins for information on what games can still be acquired.

I was able to pick up Galaxian and Sidetrack from Collectorvision for cost. :)