IGNORED

Stay Frosty 2 is awesome!

jongolo

No problem.

In case you're wondering why the Present Room is where it is at, I posted about it over at the Video Game Critic.

Believe it or not, after discovering the first one, that was my first thought. Excellent detail!

Can you tell me what I missing on Level 22 (the one with 5 sticks)? Since there is no easter egg, I wondering why that 5th stick, the one encased between two ice walls at the beginning, is there?

Can you tell me what I missing on Level 22 (the one with 5 sticks)? Since there is no easter egg, I wondering why that 5th stick, the one encased between two ice walls at the beginning, is there?

As designed, that should have been the fourth one you collected. The second branch on the top level moves one of the walls out of the way.

Perhaps you found an unintended way to complete the level :ponder:

As designed, that should have been the fourth one you collected. The second branch on the top level moves one of the walls out of the way.

Perhaps you found an unintended way to complete the level :ponder:

Yes, I believe I did. I was able to completely avoid that fourth one, the one all the way at the top that makes that one accessible, and the one at the very end. Although, the one at the very end you technically hit while exiting the board.

Not sure how you completed the maze without getting that branch between the walls. I'd like to see a video of you completing that level. The last branch near the exit exists solely to allow you to get back into the maze from the exit platform. Near the end of development, we felt the mazes should all be backtrackable, just in case you missed something. So that was tacked on, and a couple of other levels were similarly tweaked.

Edited by Nathan Strum

Not sure how you completed the maze without getting that branch between the walls. I'd like to see a video of you completing that level. The last branch near the exit exists solely to allow you to get back into the maze from the exit platform. Near the end of development, we felt the mazes should all be backtrackable, just in case you missed something. So that was tacked on, and a couple of other levels were similarly tweaked.

I've got what you are looking for; can you tell me where to send it?

• 3 months later...

Yes, way to few reviews in the store. Makes me as a developer wonder if those games are played only by a very few people. :(

In my opinion that is the case , people get excited when seeing a new game and "can't wait" for a cart release . They really just want that nice looking cart with label and for some a box . They get it in the mail , pop it in and play a few games and put it up and start asking about a new cart ( what's next ) . Stay Frosty 2 is a superb game and one of the best to date ! Darrel does an amazing job .. thanks Darrell !! I was working so many hours through the winter I wasn't able to play it much at all . Looks like some really good games are soon to come out also .

Yes, way to few reviews in the store. Makes me as a developer wonder if those games are played only by a very few people. :(

I was just observing the other day that nobody had left a review for The Byte Before Christmas, and was wondering the same thing.

Many other games released at the same time that have 0 reviews: THREE·S, TBBC, Flappy Bird (1 review by the developer, actually) and Omicron. When you sort the 2600 homebrew list by popularity, it's pretty clear they all sold relatively well.

Either people don't care to support the devs by leaving reviews anymore, or as you say, the games are purchased and actually played by very few. :(

Kudos to SF2 for actually landing 2 reviews! :thumbsup:

I am going to try my best to write reviews for the homebrews I have purchased, but I first want to see if my review of SF2 goes up (just so I am not going to have to redo any work). Just wondering: when I submitted my review, I received a message saying publication was pending review. It hasn't gone up yet and I was wondering what the turnaround time usually is for review submittal to when it goes live.

• 5 months later...

I just got Stay Frosty 2 a few weeks ago (waited impatiently for the boxed version to come out) and agree the game is one of the best. However, I noticed that the picture quality is bad. There are blue wavy lines, like static, constantly moving across the screen. At first I thought it was interference from some other device in my house, but I tried other games and none of them have this issue. I was playing on a four-switch woody. Has anybody else experienced this?

post-35625-0-66295900-1444861501_thumb.jpg

Lot's of variables here, but some games (ever since the beginning) simply produce different interference patterns across the 2600's output. It's why you sometimes see metal shielding covering the ROM chips. Not sure if (don't believe) these new releases have any shielding or if it's a power draw thing. I've noticed some games have less or no interference when playing through the Harmony Cartridge. but don't think this games' ROM is available yet...

My cartridge barely produces any interference at all until I turn up the brightness on my CRT TV. And I still don't see what you're seeing. Background should be pitch black… your screenshot has a blue tint to these eyes… probably something going on between your RF cable and TV methinks. Try adjusting your brightness/contrast and tint!

• Like 1

However, I noticed that the picture quality is bad. There are blue wavy lines, like static, constantly moving across the screen.

There's an ARM processor in the cartridge, probably puts out more interference than other cartridges though I've not seen it that bad before.

How's your Atari connected to the TV? If you're using one of those old switchboxes you'd be better off with one of these. If you have one of those, perhaps a new cable and/or ferrite bead would help.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the input, guys. I'm using an RCA adapter to connect the Atari to the TV, but apart from that everything else is still original from 30+ years ago, so it may be time for an update. Turning down the brightness and the contrast already helped a bit, and I'll definitely get a new cable to see if that improves it even more.

• Like 1