IGNORED

best flight combat game?

xucaen

My humble opinion is you're asking the impossible.

"Best", "fun", "excitement", don't come near any of the flight simulation games under the 7800. Organize 'Ace of Aces', 'Super Huey', and 'F-18' from "bad", "worse", "worst" is probably possible though.

Disclaimer: I dislike flight simulation games in general; regardless if they are basic or complex. Under the 7800, these simulation games are pretty poor choices for gaming on the system.

• Like 3

Thanks guys! I think I'll stay away from these for now and work on getting Joust. ;-)

Don't get me wrong it's nice that they are there to play but short the sports games, those titles are the bottom of the 7800 barrel to me. At a certain point I am sure you can try them all, I don't believe any of them are expensive.

f-14 tomcat isn't half bad. It plays the same as the 2600 version but with nicer visuals. Hard to find working ones though as they are part of much later run Absolute titles that used eproms instead of masked roms and I've had at least 2 that I've found over the years simply not work anymore due to bit rot.

f-14 tomcat isn't half bad. It plays the same as the 2600 version but with nicer visuals. Hard to find working ones though as they are part of much later run Absolute titles that used eproms instead of masked roms and I've had at least 2 that I've found over the years simply not work anymore due to bit rot.

My issue with that one was the controls and how hard it was to land.

I'm in the camp of "yeah, it's cool they can pull it off, but don't find any of them the slightest bit fun".