IGNORED

Friday the 13th game

cimerians

Based on earlier posts in the thread, it sounds like it still is, just at a later date.

That's the talk..... There was also talk about a physical release, but now I've seen it mentioned that might not be happening. I guess we'll know when/if it all happens. I know right now they are dealing with a shit storm due to lots and lots of people who paid for the game Friday and can't play because they are having major server issues.

• 2 weeks later...

So after getting the initial kinks worked out, this game is pretty great IMO, at least for fans of the film series. I've been playing a few games daily.

Although if I had know the Savini Jason skin that was offered to backers as a Kickstarter exclusive would now be selling for $200-$400 on eBay, I probably would have bought about a dozen (at $5 apiece) or not redeemed my skin code. That said, it is pretty cool that everyone WANTs you to be Jason when they see you're the Savini Jason. The game is pretty repetitive and the Savini Hellfire Jason is eye catching!!

savini-jason-devil-590x591.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome news. There is supposed to be a free update for this game today, across all platforms as an apology for the launch issues.

13,000 CP, 2 new counselors outfits per counselor, and the NES version of Jason including new 8bit music when you pick him!!

I just checked and there isn't an update available, but it's supposedly coming sometime today.

4811278366_6e189e1099.jpg

• 1 year later...

My understanding is they are no longer updating this title. Something about the Friday the 13th rights.

http://f13game.com/news/end-of-content/

Yep, the rights to the whole franchise are being battled for. This also screws up any chance at the couple of new movie ideas that where being shopped around. Last year it was said this wouldn't effect the game but in the end it did. :(

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/340409-friday-13th-lawsuit-wont-affect-game-lawyer-says-exclusive

That's a real shame, I was actually thinking of picking this up at some point, but if there won't be any further updates for it, then no point.

Ya I really don't understand how it keeps them from releasing already scheduled material or how it ended up effecting the video

game at all. The only thing I could see being an issue with the game would be having to remove Jason's Mom from the game

and that would only be if the writer of the first film won any sort of rights out the court case. Pamela Vorhees would be the only

character he would be able to make a serious claim too. That and what the lawyers are calling "a version of Jason" who is not the

hockey masked adult psycho Jason we all love. The Jason mentioned from the first film was just the drown little boy jason only on

screen for a moment at the end for that last jump scare. The Hockey Masked version that really didn't come to be until around Part 3.

The Hooded Jason in Part 2 was awesome and all but the world knows him best for the portrayal from Part 3 and on. Most people

who don't know of the franchise watch Part 1 and ask "Where the hell is Jason?"